Need Good Kids 3/4 size Electric guitar advice

AccurateOne

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by newbuilder View Post
I am looking at the Ibby for my daughter. but the baby v I just got my son is pretty cool, and plays great.
Quote Originally Posted by A_Gitarman View Post
I'd also suggest the Dean 'Baby' series.... 3/4-sized bodies with full-scale (24.75") necks thumb.gif I had one for a while that played really well, but it felt like I was playing a toy.

My 5-year-old, otoh, has one of those Maestro (epi) mini V's... it's a real POS. She only has the strumming part down so far, though, so I set it to an open tuning. That way, she can beat the crap out of it with somewhat pleasant-sounding results while she makes up her songs. tongue.gif
+1 -- bought a baby Z for $83 last year and put $30 Grover minis on it, it holds the tune very well. My daughter loves it!

• Members

I would stay away from the kids guitars too... the mini, dean, daisy, first act. All are crap, and the mini is not that cheap. I have spent way too much time trying to tune a Dean 34 sized acoustic. Ended up getting my son an Ibanez gio. Its a decent guitar and you can actually tune it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjnyc

View Post

I would stay away from the kids guitars too... the mini, dean, daisy, first act. All are crap, and the mini is not that cheap. I have spent way too much time trying to tune a Dean 34 sized acoustic. Ended up getting my son an Ibanez gio. Its a decent guitar and you can actually tune it.

Actually the Daisy Rock guitars are pretty good. My 13 year old kid has the stardust. Holds tune great

Archived