I can't stop buying cheap guitars

phaeton

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
...On Craigslist. Every once in awhile someone posts a Fender Squier Affinity Starter Pak on Craigslist for under $100 and I snatch it up. I slap a loaded pickguard onto the guitar and do mods on the practice amps that come with them (usually turn them into a head and use a better speaker)

I don't need any more Indonesian or Chinese guitars. But I keep doing it. frown.gif
I've stopped perusing CL--if I do, I'll inevitably come across something I want, but don't really need. If I truly want something specific, I use an app to send me only those items.

• Members

Truthfully you have an addiction for low end guitars that you are seriously going to have to put an end to, or it is just going to turn into hoarding where you have no room in your place. Sure everyone may come across a budget guitar that they turned into a fine playing and sounding guitar but you would most likely have to weed through 20 to find one and you own 40! My first 4 guitars back in the 70's were no name Strat and Tele copy pieces of sh!t as my parents could not afford to buy me a Les Paul or Fender but when I was able to buy my first quality guitar for years all that mattered was getting better as a player. I think you would be much more happier selling them off and getting 2 or 3 quality guitars, though it is going to take sometime just to unload them all. So just adding on more is going to dig your hole deeper.

• Members

I like cheap guitars as long as the necks are good. I can take a cheap guitar with a good neck and turn it into a fantastic player. I want to things: that it plays well and sounds good. If I can achieve that, then I'm happy. The rest is up to me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by omni

View Post

All POS. I have a friend that does this then he spend hundred on pickups. LOL.

I can take a MIM Strat, gut it, replace everything - including pickups, and have a guitar that plays just as well and sounds better than a stock MIA Strat, and I will spend less money. I can play, and I don't give a solitary {censored} what other players think about my gear. You calling someone's gear {censored}, without ever having seen or played it, makes you look like an ignorant snob, and an asshole.

Archived