Looking for recommendations for a non-Fender Tele Style guitar

BrammyH

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey

View Post

Here's another great setup for $650--Egnater Tweaker 15 with cab.

DV016_Jpg_Large_424080_R.jpg

The cab comes with a nice speaker too:

DV016_Jpg_Large_424080_speaker_detail.jp

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Marshall. I love he DSL Series. But try some others if you can. Amps are more important in shaping you tone, IMO, than guitars. If you don't have a guitar with humbuckers, make sure the tele that you build has one in the neck position if you're looking at Marshall style amps.

Thanks

I've got a slew of guitars. The Tele was just to round out the sound.

I have a Mesa Black Shadow cab I'll be using. So far the Tubemeister is on the top of the list.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by docjeffrey

View Post

Here's another great setup for $650--Egnater Tweaker 15 with cab.

DV016_Jpg_Large_424080_R.jpg

The cab comes with a nice speaker too:

DV016_Jpg_Large_424080_speaker_detail.jp

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Marshall. I love he DSL Series. But try some others if you can. Amps are more important in shaping you tone, IMO, than guitars. If you don't have a guitar with humbuckers, make sure the tele that you build has one in the neck position if you're looking at Marshall style amps.

Thanks

I've got a slew of guitars. The Tele was just to round out the sound.

I have a Mesa Black Shadow cab I'll be using. So far the Tubemeister is on the top of the list.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH

View Post

Greetings,

I'm thinking of buying a Tele-style guitar next year but so far none of the MIM Fender's Telecasters have tempted me.

What non-Fender tele style guitars do folks recommend?

Thanks.

What's the matter with a Fender American made tele?idea.gifconfused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH

View Post

Greetings,

I'm thinking of buying a Tele-style guitar next year but so far none of the MIM Fender's Telecasters have tempted me.

What non-Fender tele style guitars do folks recommend?

Thanks.

• Members

has anyone mentioned the squier classic vibes or vintage modified series? I highly prefer them to the bottom line Fender MIMs...

But have you tried all of the MIM stuff or just the standard stuff? Because the classic players series are pretty amazingly built guitars. The road worns are great players and the baja series tele gets nothing but great reviews.

with that said, check out G&L, or a combo of mighty might/allparts/warmoth if you're looking to build your own.

• Members

has anyone mentioned the squier classic vibes or vintage modified series? I highly prefer them to the bottom line Fender MIMs...

But have you tried all of the MIM stuff or just the standard stuff? Because the classic players series are pretty amazingly built guitars. The road worns are great players and the baja series tele gets nothing but great reviews.

with that said, check out G&L, or a combo of mighty might/allparts/warmoth if you're looking to build your own.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by STRANDMAN1

View Post

I just bought a G&L Tribute Bluesboy. What a guitar. No need to upgrade anything, $450 on sale at GC. If there is anything about my Fender American Standard that's better than this G&L I've yet to find it.

Picture005.jpg

Was that an in-store or online sale?

• Members

View Post

I just bought a G&L Tribute Bluesboy. What a guitar. No need to upgrade anything, $450 on sale at GC. If there is anything about my Fender American Standard that's better than this G&L I've yet to find it.

Picture005.jpg

• Members

View Post

Picture005.jpg

• Members

View Post

Picture005.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Baddass

View Post

I was thinking the same thing. If he goes between $600 and $700 he could get a used American Standard. I see those listed in Craigslist from time to time in that price range.

• Members

View Post

I was thinking the same thing. If he goes between $600 and $700 he could get a used American Standard. I see those listed in Craigslist from time to time in that price range.

• Members

View Post

Nothing, really.

I've gotten myself into a bit of a primma mode where only Gibson/Epi, or Fender/high-end Squiers were what I was looking at. So, while I wasn't thrilled with the MIM, and the American Fenders were good, they were a little out of my "take a flyer" price.

Archived