Zachary Guitars.

drunkinminer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

heh, from http://www.zacharyguitars.com/220803pics.htm which states: owned by Eli Friedmann (NYC)

) I saw someone playing one of his guitars "at my house" and he was playing through a line 6 amp.  I thought these were tube only machines?  do they even work with ss and hybrid amps?!  ...now I'm just being mean.

Dude is definitely out there but I do like a lot of his designs. As crazy as he seems I'm surprised he isn't a member of my family.

• Members

brilliant. Just brilliant...

Oh, and you're wrong.

Really huh? I'm wrong about my own guitar? Well gee thanks for clearing that up for me.

So let me get this straight...only guitars with adjustable bridge saddles can intonate properly? Is that what your trying to tell me?

Must be a lot of disappointed acoustic guitar owners out there huh?

{censored}in idiot.

• Members

Really huh? I'm wrong about my own guitar? Well gee thanks for clearing that up for me.

So let me get this straight...only guitars with adjustable bridge saddles can intonate properly? Is that what your trying to tell me?

Must be a lot of
disappointed acoustic guitar owners
out there huh?

{censored}in idiot.

hahaha yeah there are. unless of course the bridge is compensated like it should be, unlike the zach guitar. Douche.

• Members

my gibson melody maker has an non compensated stop tail. intonates just fine. its not perfect, but neither is any guitar with straight frets so who cares. its close enough that all chords sound in tune.

anyhow

zachary is bat{censored} crazy. thats all. whether he makes a good guitar is of little interest to me after reading some of the utter bull{censored} on his website.

exactly. I admit maybe I chose the wrong word when I said my guitar intonates perfectly but {censored} I though this was a guitar forum. I pretty much figure when someone says this they mean exactly what you said. ie "the for a guitar" part is just understood. I guess I have to assume I talking to a bunch of piano players when I post.

• Members

there is no comparison whatsoever between those two guitars. the ibanez is a MUCH better guitar. For one, epiphone is made in china or some other 3rd world country. The ibanez that you were looking at (which is part of the prestige series) is hand crafted in Japan. as well, the ibanez has one of the best trems ever made, the edge pro. The epiphone doesn't even have a trem system.

• Members

Ever owned a bridge like mine?

Yup. Octave power chords sounded really really out above the 9th fret. First position chords were perfectly in tune. Nothin i could do about it because the intonation was out.

Now with hindsight i guess i could go buy multiple string packs and try to figure out which ones intonate correctly but i sold the guitar and the buyer replaced the bridge with one that had tune-o-matic flipperdoos on it.

• Members

Yup. Octave power chords sounded really really out above the 9th fret. First position chords were perfectly in tune. Nothin i could do about it because the intonation was out.

Now with hindsight i guess i could go buy multiple string packs and try to figure out which ones intonate correctly but i sold the guitar and the buyer replaced the bridge with one that had tune-o-matic flipperdoos on it.

OK well I'm telling you right now they are not all like that. Sorry you got a bad one but that doesn't mean all of them are. In fact I'm playing mine at this very moment and the octave power chords sound great above the 12th fret. C on the 15th and C on the 17 both light up a perfect green on my tuner.

• Members
there is no comparison whatsoever between those two guitars. the ibanez is a MUCH better guitar. For one, epiphone is made in china or some other 3rd world country. The ibanez that you were looking at (which is part of the prestige series) is hand crafted in Japan. as well, the ibanez has one of the best trems ever made, the edge pro. The epiphone doesn't even have a trem system.

huh? wrong thread mate? :confused: or did I miss something?

• Members

I guess I have to assume I talking to a bunch of piano players when I post.

What do you have against piano players? Is that a dig because you assume piano players like to play in tune and guitar players don't? What's your ignorant post supposed to infer? And regardless what you say, a non compensated bridge can NOT possibly have all 6 strings in tune to each other up and down the neck.

Do me a favor. Go get the triangle. You'll enjoy it.

-Mc

• Members

And regardless what you say, a non compensated bridge can NOT possibly have all 6 strings in tune to each other up and down the neck.

-Mc

neither can a compensated one, or an adjustable one for that matter. "close enough" is all you get, and a non compensated stop bar fits the bill adequately.

not sure why you are focusing on the use of a simple and proven bridge design when theres SOOOOOOOOOO much more you can pick on zachary for.

• Members
I can't. His website is so filled with STUPID, I can't. I just can't. All the colors, mindless rants, poor spelling, and idiotic existence prohibits me from spending more than short 30 to 60 second bursts on that site.

Impossible. IMPOSSIBLE. I know you don't own a strobe tuner but I'm not sure you own a tuner at all. That comment just blew ALL possible credibility out of any of your responses for quite some time.

not at all. He uses the cheapest of woods because they are free. If he used top quality parts, he'd advertise it - he brags about EVERYTHING else possible. When he shows a build sheet, I'll admit I'm wrong. By NOT saying what parts he uses, I'm positive they are mediocre at best.

Dude is an anti-social jackass. Buy a Parker, MM, anything. Do not buy into this propaganda. Dude is an anti-social JACKASS.

• Members

What do you have against piano players? Is that a dig because you assume piano players like to play in tune and guitar players don't? What's your ignorant post supposed to infer? And regardless what you say, a non compensated bridge can NOT possibly have all 6 strings in tune to each other up and down the neck.

Do me a favor. Go get the triangle. You'll enjoy it.

-Mc

ihavenofish said it well enough....

Go back to your keyboards cause guitars are obviously not precise enough for your perfect ears. You'll always be bitching and whining about it.

• Members

ihavenofish said it well enough....

Go back to your keyboards cause guitars are obviously not precise enough for your perfect ears. You'll always be bitching and whining about it.

Not true. I understand how TUNING works. But I will always bitch about dumbass know-it-alls who would rather act stupid LOUDLY than learn something quietly. And regardless if I find my guitars too imperfect, at least I know what the {censored} I'm talking about when I talk guitars.

So let's end the suspense. Will you please kindly explain one of the following:

1. How your {censored}ty, non compensated bridge is PERFECTLY intonated up and down the neck as you angrily (and stupidly) stated several times in this thread.

or

2. I was right and you were wrong.

Come on... One of those has to be true. I know the answer. Everyone reading this thread knows the answer. YOU even know the answer. Now just say it and get it over with.

-Mc

• Members

Mr. Zachary, you have a huge ego problem. Now if you read this far without freaking out I commend you. Second every guitar maker has naysayers, some more then others (*nudge nudge*), if Gibson's president comes here to defend all of the company's products he's going to shout into a tornado, nobody is going to hear what he has to say. Instead of fighting, you could at the very least hear what others have to say and perhaps make an attempt to change things, first things first get a new website minus the ego. Second did I mention the ego already? Third if you weren't such an egotistical jackass you might gain some credibility from the hole you've dug yourself. Fourth, the ego has to go.

:wave:

• Members
Not true. I understand how TUNING works. But I will always bitch about dumbass know-it-alls who would rather act stupid LOUDLY than learn something quietly. And regardless if I find my guitars too imperfect, at least I know what the {censored} I'm talking about when I talk guitars.

So let's end the suspense. Will you please kindly explain one of the following:

1. How your {censored}ty, non compensated bridge is PERFECTLY intonated up and down the neck as you angrily (and stupidly) stated several times in this thread.

or

2. I was right and you were wrong.

Come on... One of those has to be true. I know the answer. Everyone reading this thread knows the answer. YOU even know the answer. Now just say it and get it over with.

-Mc

Post #108 :thu:

Reading is not a strong point for you is it?

• 3 years later...

Archived