This is sad

Elias Graves

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so you can post "this place is sad" threads, but you can't post threads that contribute anything positive because the platform doesn't support iPad use?

When you can't quote, can't post a pic, and can't post a video, it kinda limits what you can do, yeah. Every other forum on the net seems to support ios. Why cant this one? i thought this software was the latest and greatest?

Besides, I started quite a few fun threads after the changeover. Crickets, just like all the other threads.

Yes, I'm posting a Debbie downer thread because what hc did to this place IS sad. For you to defend them is even more so.

I've been an active member here going on five years and I've hung with it through every {censored}up they've created. Technical stuff is no biggie. You can get through it. What really irks me is the complete lack of respect shown to the users by the management. One big "{censored} you" after another.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

so you can post "this place is sad" threads, but you can't post threads that contribute anything positive because the platform doesn't support iPad use?

When you can't quote, can't post a pic, and can't post a video, it kinda limits what you can do, yeah. Every other forum on the net seems to support ios. Why cant this one? i thought this software was the latest and greatest?

Besides, I started quite a few fun threads after the changeover. Crickets, just like all the other threads.

Yes, I'm posting a Debbie downer thread because what hc did to this place IS sad. For you to defend them is even more so.

I've been an active member here going on five years and I've hung with it through every {censored}up they've created. Technical stuff is no biggie. You can get through it. What really irks me is the complete lack of respect shown to the users by the management. One big "{censored} you" after another.

you sure do have a flair for the dramatic, EG.  this place doesn't owe either of us a thing, so stop acting like it does.  you're lashing out like a bitter child.

i'm not defending the "powers that be" at harmony central or the way the latest upgrade has been handled (or any upgrade before it); it is, what it is.  i accept it for what it is, but also recognize that it can be better.  so i try to do what i can to make it better.

the lack of iOS support is a bummer, for sure.  i don't use an iPad or iOS to access this site, so i'm not filled with the same rage that apparently consumes and saddens you.  if you want to disappear from here until they provide support for iOS, i'm sure someone here would volunteer to PM you (or find you over at Wein's) so you can come back and post whatever light-hearted nonsense you want.

the site looks and acts adequately for me on my Mac at home and my Droid phone when i access "on the go".  i appreciate the stability of the site now.  the weeks leading up to the upgrade were terrible.  i like the upload function for pictures.  

but above all else, i'm here for the content and the community.  it's relatively quiet here now, but it will be better over time.  if i can help accelerate that in order to improve both content and community, then i will.

• Members

The kudos are neat. I had been hoping for a " like button" I could hit if I didn't feel like posting but still wanted to be part of a thread.

I don't mind the new format.

Traffic wjll hopefully pick up some but if it does not I still think 3.0 is better than what preceeded it.

Archived