Walters9515

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

raising the note

nO NO NO lowering the note not raising the note

I want to bend the note but it LOWERS it not raises it how can i setup the guitar like this????

Play so hard that you break a string (this only works w/ floyds btw); take the broken string off the guitar, wrap around your hand a few times, & stick the end into an electrical socket.

• Members

You bend a D a half step...it's now Eb...bend it a whole step and you got E, which is flat from F

With the Whammy Bar if u hit the D note and bend the whammy bar UP its sharps the note D if u bend the Whammy bar DOWN its flattens the note D

How can i do the same thing but without a whammy bar but with my fretting fingers UP sharp Down flat ??

• Members

You bend a D a half step...it's now Eb...bend it a whole step and you got E, which is flat from F

With the Whammy Bar if u hit the D note and bend the whammy bar UP its sharps the note D if u bend the Whammy bar DOWN its flattens the note D

How can i do the same thing but without a whammy bar but with my fretting fingers UP sharp Down flat ??

Easy...bend the D 11 semi tones...Db! Just drink a lot of milk, eat steak and work out and it shouldn't be a problem, Kermit!

• Members

Originally posted by phyrexia

Sometimes guitarists will "pre-bend". That is, you bend up (or down, either way) to a note, strike it, and then "unbend" back to where the normal fretted note is. You understand?

+1

This is the only way to make a bend "go flat." And, of course, that's not what's happening. But I suppose it can sometimes APPEAR to be happening, if the guitarist is very fast and fluid and you aren't watching very closely.

short answer: (as many others have already said) forget it.

• Members

Sometimes guitarists will "pre-bend". That is, you bend up (or down, either way) to a note, strike it, and then "unbend" back to where the normal fretted note is. You understand?

This is still making the guitar note string go SHARP

SOME how i need the STRING to SLIPPPP then it will go Flat and lower the pitch u know what i mean by SLIPPING from the tuning
keys or tremolo system so how it releases a slipp when u pull down on the string

• Members

This is still making the guitar note string go SHARP

SOME how i need the STRING to SLIPPPP then it will go Flat and lower the pitch u know what i mean by SLIPPING from the tuning

keys or tremolo system so how it releases a slipp when u pull down on the string

Try only wraping the string 1/2 way around the tuner. When you bend, it'll go flat:thu:

or

Hit the open G string, then bend the {censored} out of the D string. If you have weak springs on your trem, the G will flatten to an F.

:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Hudman

A bend is a bend. It doesn't matter which way you do it, you are still pulling the string tighter, thus making the note sharp.

You make a note go flat by taking tension off the string. You can do it by turning your tuning knobs or by pressing down on the a tremolo bar.

You may want to take some lessons.

END OF THREAD! :D

Archived