Jeff Hanneman RIP

noisebloom

• Members

Guit mangler, the only place I mentionedChristianity was where I saidI am not a Catholic and do not know much about the Vatican considering the guy from Slayer a (& I quote) devout Catholic.

Learn to read, it makes life easier.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't feel any smarter then I did before you pointed out that I (someone who stated they're not Christian) was given a lecture about how I was not a good Christian, which followed Rover telling me I was a judgmental Christian.

Discussing something with people who lack comprehension skills doesn't make me feel any smarter. It has no effect on how smart I am. I don't know how it would.

I didn't insult anyone's intelligence either. For all I know you two are doing mathematical calculations for NASA but you obviously are having a hard time comprehending what I'm saying.

Although I still would like to know how I am being "hypocritical".

• Members

For the third time I am not Christian. I don't know why you people seem to think I am.

I did not know any members of the band Slayer. I do know what the word promote means, I would think you do too, as you even used quotes.

To bring into being

To promote the growth or existence of

To advance in honor

I know the image they profited from, I know what they wrote about, etc.... From what you're saying, someone like.Stryper, Lincoln Brewster and any other band that has a cross or religious symbol and sing about their faith probably should be considered "theatrical".

What you're saying then is the guys from Slayer are just a bunch of posers selling the devil thing to gullible fans, right?

• Members

Ok BG, I was wrong to resort to name calling and I shouldnt have assumed you were a Christian. I insulted you in a blatant way by calling you names, you choose to insult me in a more subtle way by using the old condescending reading comprehension response. Textbook troll. Anyway, why havent you answered my question? DO you truly believe Jeff worshipped Satan and hoped to one day burn in hell? Because if you do, you are truly stupid. If you don't, then you're just trying to stir {censored} up like a typical troll. Id say its a no win situation for you. No wonder you completely ignored me. :catvery-happy:

• Members

From the image that he projected and based upon the fact that he was in a band with a pentagram for the logo and wrote a song called 'Hail Satan' I would assume that no members are not "devout Catholic"

As someone said.

Also, I did not insult your intelligene. I simply stated your reading comprehension skills were lacking and you were responding out of emotion rather then what was stated. For all I know you're a nuclear physicist, but you're not comprehending what is written.

Thank you for the apology but it's not needed.

How am I a hypocritical?

• Members

BG76 wrote:

I don't feel any smarter then I did before you pointed out that I (someone who stated they're not Christian) was given a lecture about how I was not a good Christian, which followed Rover telling me I was a judgmental Christian.

Discussing something with people who lack comprehension skills doesn't make me feel any smarter. It has no effect on how smart I am. I don't know how it would.

I didn't insult anyone's intelligence either. For all I know you two are doing mathematical calculations for NASA but you obviously are having a hard time comprehending what I'm saying.

Although I still would like to know how I am being "hypocritical".

First, you hadn't stated not being Christian until after my "Love thy neighbor" comment. In a humorous light, you threw me off with the Stryper comment. Touche!

Secondly, reading comprehension is actually tied to ones intelligence level. How useful to Nasa would a mathematician be if said mathematician failed to comprehend simple directions?

Thirdly, my "I hope this makes you feel smarter" was a light hearted response to classic format troll responses which contain comments like "obviously are having a hard time comprehending what I'm saying."

As for being "hypocritical", well, that ones on someone else..

• Members

BG76 wrote:

Call me crazy, a guy that spends 30 years or so writing songs glorifying the devil and selling merchandise with pentagrams and playing music that proclaims he would take Satan over God kind of tells me that the guy was pretty into that stuff and pretty serious about it and it did make him wealthy, good for him.

This guy was either genuine or he was a poser. I don't recall him ever having a Moloch moment and changing his image like in that episode of CHiPs.

Also, I don't know a lot about the Catholic church and maybe the singer for Slayer is a Catholic but calling him a devout Catholic seems either insulting to the Church or maybe the Vatican is now sanctioning satanic rock bands. Sounds like he's probably a cafeteria Catholic, at best.

No offense to any Catholics, but calling a member of a Satanic band devout is a little 'out there' to say the least. It would be like saying Ernhard Milch was a good Jew.

Don't forget...  During World War II, he was an officer in the German SS who performed sick medical experiments on the Jews imprisoned at Auschwitz.

• Members

BG76 wrote:

From the image that he projected and based upon the fact that he was in a band with a pentagram for the logo and wrote a song called 'Hail Satan' I would assume that no members are not "devout Catholic"

As someone said.

Also, I did not insult your intelligene. I simply stated your reading comprehension skills were lacking and you were responding out of emotion rather then what was stated. For all I know you're a nuclear physicist, but you're not comprehending what is written.

Thank you for the apology but it's not needed.

How am I a hypocritical?

Ok BG76 read carefully. I said I was wrong to call you names and to assume that you were a Christian. If you were a Christian you would have been a hypocritical one. So Ive already addressed that, but you missed it. Reading comprehension. . lol.

Ill go on to say that I only assumed you were some sort of Christian because when you said you hoped Hanneman was burning in hell for worshipping the Devil, you were implying that you yourself believed in the Devil and Hell and those are tenets of some forms of Christianity. Unless of course your comment was meant to be facetious. I don't know since you won't answer my question. I don't believe JH really worshipped the Devil, nor do I think he believed such a creature even existed. What do you really think BG?

Actually I dont care what you really think. Regardless you came into a R.I.P thread and basically pissed on the guys grave. Thats horrible. Theres plenty of musicians I dont like but I wouldn't go trolling an R.I.P thread.

Anyway, what I originally came in here to say is. . I have loved Slayer since I first heard the opening riff to "Dead SKin Mask" as a kid. ANd although I don't really listen to that kind of music much now that Im in my 30's Ill always respect them as one of the great pioneering thrash bands. Screw all the drop G cookie monster crap, Slayer is still the best.  And Jeff was a huge part of it. R.I.P Jeff.  

• Members

Kerry King can be a dick, but Jeff was usually polite in interviews. He didn't give off the same vibe as Kerry, but that translated really well into music.

Modern bands who claim they are influenced by Slayer often miss the point. What made Reign in Blood and South of Heaven brilliant was the dissonance of the whole band, but in particular the guitarists. Now, we have these new guys playing tighter than a young... Umm... Yeah. It's soulless.

• Members

Bg i understand your point of view and respect it but the one flaw in your logic is that by saying burn in hell rather than rest in peace you are looking at it from the perspective of the christian/catholic god worshiper. If jeff was a satanist he believed that he would find his personal peace in hell so it is perfectly acceptable to say rest in peace when showing respect to jeff. Only the god worshippers believe hell is a negative place the satanists believe it is a positive place.

If as you say jeff is in hell where he wanted to be then he is very much at peace

So rest in peace jeff

Archived