Have guitarists FINALLY accepted Line 6?

steve_man

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some of there stuff is good, it's like boss, affordable (mostly) used by noobs and pros alike, some. Products are good, some okay, and some not so good. The spider is usually related to the GC kids...I don't have a spider, but do have a digital modeling amp, they aren't crap. Line 6 also has the pod, which many like.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Most of the time you don't need a massive amp collection, but instead just 1 good amp plus a few pedals, maybe a multi FX.

I loved the idea of Line 6, right up until I played through one of the early combos. Owned a POD pro for a while (couldn't ever get a sound I liked) and have come to the conclusion that modelling stuff isn't for me. No acceptance here then.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I have the Dream Rig and it's made this novice a better player in just the 8 months I've owned it. For one thing, it inspired me to play more, which I think is the best that can be said of any piece of gear (the Dream Rig happens to be three pieces, but I digress).

Much as the company has tried to expand its horizons and appeal, Line 6 stuff still isn't for everyone. IMO, the POD HD500, for instance, comes with a huge learning curve that requires many hours of dedicated study to get the hang of. And the DT series amps aren't far behind. The JTVs, on the other hand, couldn't be simpler to use, and they are elegant, finely crafted instruments that sound exceptional. My Korean JTV 59 required minimal setup out of the box, literally, before it played like a dream. More often than not, I prefer to play if over either my Les Paul StandardTraditional or my American Strat, and not just because of the quality of the modeling (which is outstanding) - the Tyler-spec'd magnetic pickups sound fantastic on their own. So I guess my point is that, while for me Line 6 stuff is right up my alley, it may simply be "too much" for the average grab 'n' go Tele 'n' Twin player who has been perfectly happy with what he (or she) has been playing for the last 20 years. And I probably would have given up trying to learn to play guitar a little less than a year ago had I not taken the plunge and bought myself the Dream Rig as one last foray into learning the instrument. Now, I'm sort of off and running as they say, though I most certainly have a very long way to run. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I accepted Line6 a long time ago...but..

I do not use Line6 gear. Line6 gear is gear I would love to like. It's very convient has a million different tone settings and once you get used to interacting with their stuff its pretty easy to use. I prefer a "real" (not simulated) amp to Line6 equipment. I find that Line6 equipment makes your guitar sound lack in specific ways that cannot be quantified until you place it head to head with "Real" amp. Line6 is a cool company and I love thier ideas and product concepts but for me the sound they put out just don't cut it for me.

Archived