A Good Group of People to Spend Some Time With

gardo

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

I can't claim to have really traveled the world, but without a doubt, the worst cup of coffee I've ever had was in Greece.

The best cup of coffee is in Miami, of course.

I am not a world traveler either by any means . The worst cop of coffee I had was in Shanghai We were visiting my wife's family. It was 3:00 am I couldn't sleep due to jet lag so I went for a walk by myself and decided  to have a coffee. I speak no Chinese so I had to point at the picture on the menu to order. I indicated black coffee,no sugar and the waitress looked surprised. Not sure what it was but is was not very good.

The best cup of coffee was probably back home in my mother's kitchen

• Moderators

kayd_mon wrote:

I can't claim to have really traveled the world, but without a doubt, the worst cup of coffee I've ever had was in Greece.

The best cup of coffee is in Miami, of course.

The worst in Greece? You kidding, Greeks and Turks invented the coffee shop.

If you mean you had palpitations for 3 days then OK I'd agree.....you wanna stay awake for 3 days and be paranoid ask a Turk for some strong coffee.

Vietnamese coffee is heaven:smiley-bounce013:

• Members

It was horrible! Granted, I had exactly one cup of coffee in Greece. That one scared me off the Turkish style. It wasn't the strength (South Americans always make their coffee pretty strong, and Cuban espresso is pretty potent) it was just bad. Could have been just the place, and maybe I'm missing out on another style of coffee?

Archived