Stratocaster vs. Telecaster

kayd_mon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Short answer for me is that I just have to go back and forth between them.

After playing a Tele I'll appreciate that out-of-phase quack sound I can get from a Strat, but I'm often drawn to that neck tone on a Tele.  But having at least a few of each, they sure do vary.  I don't actually have a Standard in either, but I've got models above and below that.  I guess the closes thing I have to a Std Strat is my VG.

I was recently thinking about how it's kinda weird what the tone of an electric guitar will do for me.  The other day I was playing on my Marauder (my current "go-to" guitar) and the vibe coming off the note made me feel like "I love you!"   :heart:

LOL

• Members

I own both and I like both for different reasons. However, I have been playing my Tele the most lately. Yes, the Start may have a little more versatility, etc., but I'm really loving the tone from my Tele these days. It really is a guitar that can be used for a variety of styles. Maybe has something to do with the fact that I recently joined a Country band. But, I'm liking the Tele for Rock, too. Little beefier tone than the Start.

Archived