HCEG roll-call: who's here?

GreatDane

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Check, Check, 1    2

Is this thing on?

Previously FoonkySteve, now theFoonkySteve, but im tryin to get the old username back, as my fingers are knackered from having to type the extra 3 letters. 1st post back on new format, i hope this ends up in the right place :)

Glad to see a lot of the regulars still here, but sad to see so many not yet returned :(

• Members

check!....here's an interesting perspective (mine)....HC forums will always KILL every other forum in terms of traffic. It just will. The forums could be 100 times worse than they are (and they are improving) and run off nearly ever single poster and even moderators and eventually new peeps would repopulate the forums to about the same levels. Why? Content. It's what drives almost everyone here initially. Your first action on the great big world wide web way back whenever, was likely to  go hunting for music resources, and what did you find? HC, and oh-by-the-way they have forums! Music searches for over a decade have HC at the top of the heap. Weekly news industry news posts, articles, user and pro reviews....nothing else is quite as comprehensive. So as long as the content is there, the people will be here. One little slice of proof? Back in ancient times, circa 2000 or so, the forum changed TO vBulletin and a whole chunk of people left and formed their own forum BECAUSE of their dislike of the vBulletin look (they made it look like the old, pre-vBulletin site, a threaded kinda look). And yet a whole new flock (you) showed up in the coming years, never knowing the old look, most of them. So, to summarize , content = people. Touche.

• Members

theFoonkySteve wrote:

Check, Check, 1    2

Is this thing on?

Previously FoonkySteve, now theFoonkySteve, but im tryin to get the old username back, as my fingers are knackered from having to type the extra 3 letters. 1st post back on new format, i hope this ends up in the right place
:)

Glad to see a lot of the regulars still here, but sad to see so many not yet returned
:(

i'm choosing to appreciate what we have instead of missing what we had.  some folks will return.  others won't.  life goes on...

Archived