Belated NGD!

Brian Krashpad

• Members

So anyhow, a friend from my church band needed a step-up guitar from whatever he had at the time, and not being a Strat guy, I sold him my Peavey USA Predator a year or so ago.

Been Stratless ever since.

Happened to have a spare Benjamin lying about, and one of those package deals popped up on local craigslist. Squier Standard Strat, w/a Kustom 12A hybrid practice amp, for a hundred even. Since the Strats street for $230 or so new, even without the amp (which I really didn't need), it still beat my Krashpad Good Deal Rule, which is to try to pay less than half of street price new.

There's a slight mismatched join, which is one of my pet peeves, but I'm not really a Strat feller anyhow, so I can overlook it, especially for such a cheapie. I usually have cheapies just so I do have "a" Strat. I think this is about my 5th, and the first one with alnico pickups, so that's kinda cool. Also, my first Strat with a rosewood board, so she's going to be called "Rosie."

I have some work to do to adjust the trem springs, so I temporarily blocked it so I could use it at church. I stuck an old game cartridge in the back and it did the trick, haha!:

x

Here's what she looks like from the front:

x

Already gigged her in church, no problems with the possible exception of re-adjusting to Fender scale:

x

Oh, and here's the Kustom. Fun little amp. Since it has a line output and a speaker output, I can always throw it in the van and keep it as an "emergency" amp in case something breaks. ;)

x

The end!

• Members

*BLEEP* wrote:

Brian Krashpad wrote:

There's a slight mismatched join, which is one of my pet peeves, ...

Wink

krylon22.jpg

Haha, I know!  But I am one of those "ain't broke don't fix it" types.  

If it were a ding I could quickly Sharpie out, that sorta thing I might do.  But disassemble and repaint a $100 guitar?  Not gonna happen.  ;)

Archived