D'Addario String Company sent me a pack of BETA strings to test for them XL FORMULA 3

Buttcrust

• Members

A few months ago I applied to be a BETA tester for some new strings D'Addario is developing. Packaging says the strings are 30\% stronger than previous strings. I made a demo using 4 electric guitars, 1 with the new strings (XL FORMULA 3) and 3 guitars with the "original"  D'Addario strings (EXL 120).  I played along, in my style, on all 4 guitars. The audio may allow one to hear slight differences in the strings, variations. I hope these strings last longer than "normal" strings. So, here's my demo of the new strings, as well as the old. :smiley-music021: 

Straight Jazz in the Key of F. The gold Riviera is the one with the "new" strings

D'Addario 1D'Addario 2

• Members

I would have used a clean setting for that comparison.  You have an odd highly processed harsh distorted sound going on that sounds pretty aweful to me.  That added to the fact that you are comparing totally different guitars makes any comparison pretty meaningless.

• Members

knotty wrote:

Do they bend the same.?

they are relitively elastic, The "gauge" has a lot to do with "bendability". these weren't to difficult to make

all those "bending" noises..lol, They felt great, smooth...I wish them good luck with the new formula.

Archived