Sold a couple Epiphones, ordered a Gibson

Buttcrust

• Members

I liked the TV yellow Epiphone's, very nice, playable instruments.

2 epiphone's tv yellow

My kids friends also like them, so I sold the 2 I had, put the $ in a "guitar buying account" and ordered a 140th Anniversary Gibson Melody Maker in TV yellow. Did I do OK ?

tv melody maker

Guitar expected to ship February 7, 2014. 

• Moderators

Buttcrust wrote:

I sold the 2 I had, put the $ in a "guitar buying account" and ordered a 140th Anniversary Gibson Melody Maker in TV yellow. Did I do OK ?

tv melody maker

Guitar expected to ship February 7, 2014. 

I think you did pretty damn good, I like the one godo n proper as opposed to two sorta, and that particular MM version is about the best yet, looks like a Special more n owt, but damn, I didn't know theyd been makin the MM for 140 years, time moves on when ya got older don't it:(

• Members

Not a fan of the Epiphones or the Gibson; that pimple-pus yellow just isn't my thing, and the singlecut LP body just doesn't look right without a pickguard. It's a fine balance for me with Gibsons; can't have too much bling or too little.

That said, I think you'll be much happier with one well-built guitar over two imports. That's not knocking imports (I rock an Epi LP Studio myself), but if you had two Epi double-P90 singlecuts, that means one didn't do the job.

• Members

Still 3 weeks, if not more away before it actually ships. After reading the comments here, I might cancel and get something better/different. I haven't cancelled the order (yet), still contemplating further possibilities. If you had $600 for a guitar, what would you get (not used) ?

I've been playing this guitar a lot the last week or so, sounds really nice. The yellow Epis were great, but ya, 2 of them were 2 too many. I'm in a pondery now, I do want a new guitar, one that I wont sell too soon (like the Epi's). Another hollow/semi-hollow ? Maybe a fat jazz thing, I no longer have one of those types...but what, for $600 ? Certainly wont be a Gibson at that price. 

lol

• Members

Do you own more than one of the same kind, or similar guitar ? I'm real happy with the 2 P93 Riviera's I presently play. I've never owned a black guitar. Are they really prone to "fingerprinting" ? I guess I'll find out...lol. Black Epiphone Riviera P93 Royale looks good to me. Maybe I can get D'Adarrio to send me another set of their new strings. 

I might set this one up for slide..Open E...with flat/ribbon wound strings...What do you think ? Coricidin bottles anyone ? 

blackie

https://www.google.com/search?q=coricidin+bottle&espv=210&es\_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5KXZUpXVJOzjsASJjIBo&ved=0CEsQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=647

Archived