anyone here ever try Sunlite drums?

techristian

• Members

I'm going to tell you honestly that I'm considering selling my Pearl FORUM drums because they do not have the BIG SOUND that my old Ludwigs had and they are PEARL. I'm thinking that you played on the low line Sunlites. I was also at the NAMM , but they were packing up when I came by the Sunlite booth. Did you play on the 9 ply drums GREEN/Turquise drums that were there?

Dan

• Members

I'd have to agree with the others on this. Sunlite has a few decent drums for an entry level, but they sell them as their higher end stuff. The low end stuff really isn't anything worthy of writing about.

By comparison, there are many other companies that have inexpensive kits at a better value. Some of the newer offerings from Peace fit the bill well. Their Demolition or Onyx kits are nice starts.

For a little more money I'd vote for the Pacific FS or CX kits for either birch or maple shells.

Dollar for dollar, the Sunlite offerings just don't seem to be a great value. I'd keep looking.

If you're not sure what to look for, email me and I'll see what we can hook you up with in your budget.

But I'd pass on the Sunlites. There are better alternatives.

moyerbros@msn.com

• Members

Originally posted by Old Steve

Ludwig's low-level Rocker drums are 1 million times better than sunlites. If money is tight ($300 budget) I'd suggest you go on e-bay and see what you can get used. Lots of decent kits can be gotten there for cheep.

i've been drumming for almost 5 years and this whole time i've had my ludwig rocker set that i got used for real cheap. they are good!

Archived