CD Label printer...

Emoco

• Members

I want some pro looking CDs but I want to do them myself.

Does anyone know of a good CD label printer that looks really good? I want it to last me a while. I am going to be doing small runs of CDs that I want to send out. I have a graphic design background so the design is fine. I just want something that looks really good

• Members

epson makes some nice inkjet ones. i have the r200 but i think that is discontinued. i think the most current model is the r220. it's $100 and the quality is really good. the only problem is that the ink tends to smear on the discs. even after drying for many days. not sure if this is the fault of the printer, ink or the discs. i get past this problem by spraying a light coat of clear spraypaint. it gives the cds a real professional look.

http://www.ericlaurence.com/guide/colorinkjet.jpg

• Members

Another vote for Epson. I bought the 1800 because I wanted to print CDs and to be able to produce full size (excellent) prints. It's fast and does a good job (so far). I bought mine from their online refurbished store, saved $$. One note: the 1800 will put a glossy 'coat' on most prints, it will not gloss a CD.

• Members

My friend let me borrow his epson, and I made his band some flyers for a show of theirs. Great quality, and pretty good speed esp. for the price.

Epson Rule. I have a standard Epson Stylus C62 for just printing for word docs, and it's been around for a little over 2 years, and no problems. They're great.

Zach

• 2 weeks later...

Archived