Holiday Gifts

kmd_97

• Members

pdp 402 double pedal, forrest gump on DVD, dukes of hazzard season 6 on dvd, imagine by john lennon, a johnny cash album, a poster with donovan mcnabb on it(go eagles, i hate dallas), and a few other trinkits, we still have my moms side of the fam to go so i know i get to get something else, oh and 28 bucks:)

• Members

The lady got me a Humes and Berg hardware bag, which I sorely needed, as well as a drum-oriented painting and a Sabian t-shirt. Scored a new shaft for my Tama Iron Cobra double pedal, as well as $35 in Guitar Center gift cards.

Plus clothes. :D

All in all, this was a very Merry Christmas! :thu:

• Members

As far as non drum related stuff, the kids got me the new Superman and Pirates of the Caribbean dvds. The wife knows I need cymbals, so she gave me a card that basically said "treat yourself to whatever you want at whatever drum shop you want".

Cant beat that, as far as Im concerned. Plus, she's a truly great wife and mother, which is gift enough for me.

• Members

New Tuxedo bags for my drums, and a brick of cheap sticks. Other than that, picked up a 4 gig USB flash drive to store songs on, because my car's CD player has a USB port on it and it plays MP3s right off the flash drives. That's a freaking lot of music. The drive itself is less than an inch, it's ridiculous.

Bunch of other random {censored} too but nothing musically relevant.

• Members

I got a whole new batter and resonant head set (Evans EC2's and Evans Genera Glass, 12", 13", 16") and a drum dial. Also, 2 Pearl boom stands, a new snare stand, Rem-O-Rings, snowboard stuff (goggles, gloves, a pass, and boots), and other trinkets.

Ahhh... It's good to be back.

• Members

Sabian HH 18" Crash/Ride- in a word "awesome" has taken some getting used to after playing a 20" dry ride for awhile. A cheap everyday watch, which is what I wanted. A moustache and beard trimmer. I'm very happy

Two things: Sat night my wife was feeling really crappy after we got off work, she was short of breath and confused and was out of it. Took her to the hospital and found out she has a urinary tract infection, but also want so more test done with regular doctor. SHe couldn't

talk well and was acting drunk on the way. SHe is resting with antibotics and doing much better.

Christmas day woke up to a power outage. Had to work, so I brushed my teeth at a local store and combed my hair after having a flat on the way there. Once I got to work found out the power outage was due to some storms and knocked down some houses and tore up others. Got as close as a mile from my house.

So I would humbly say that having my health, my wife and family and my house still standing is the best Christmas of all. Peace to all. Just made me see things in a different light this season.

• Members

Originally posted by DownByLaw

Trick Pro V1. Going back asap. Talk about a let down. Not replacing my axis as I hoped. I'll give full review tomorrow.

PS: save your money

Patrick

Please give the review Ive been trying to find one for a long time.

The Trick Pro V1 retails for $1,367.62 in the UK.....(I know)

The Axis X Series Longboards are $663.20

The Axis A Series Longboards are $780.35

However my drum store I shop at only stock Trick pedal's so Im skeptical about dropping a {censored}e load of money on something ive never tried/played

• Members

Our local Guitar Center has a V1 double pedal sitting right out on the floor for people to try out, with an $850 price tag on it. Can't believe it every time I go in there. They're really careful if they see some kids trying to sit behind them or anything, but still... those things should be in a case.

• Members

Short review: Trick ProV1

This is a very nicely made pedal. (with caveat) Mucho adjustability. No case. (wtf?) The biggest issue I had with it was it's lack of backwards momentum/swing off the head. Because of it's design, the bounce off the head seems to be far less than either the Axis or any other pedal I've tried. This makes the pedal very tiring to play imho. (leg cramps) In addition, despite what their website says, I find the increasing tension as the beater approaches the head to be more than standard pedals. The pedal basically wants to stop EXACTLY at impact, (12:00) with no "follow through". In other words, with the pedal off the drum, when pushed hard the beater does not want to go past absolute vertical, hampering power and giving a strange feel as the beater approaches the head. (my axis has far more power, and the axis is not known for being very powerful) If you do the test most do for kick pedals, namely number of free swings before stopping, it comes up very short. In fact, even my Pearl Eliminator far surpasses it. I also feel there is a serious design flaw in the pedal to beater linkage as the link is not machined exactly enough to prevent rubbing at it's connection to the pedal. (cocked to rub on one side) This spells failure/wear to me. Mine was making unpleasant rubbing/bearing noises right out of the box. My Axis is silent, quicker and cheaper. And with the adjustability of the Axis (Original, A) it can convincingly mimick the feel of the Trick, and more, silently (absolutely silently)

For what it's worth, I play mostly heel up, some heel/toe. And yes, I adjusted this pedal 6 ways from Sunday over the course of 3 days.

Patrick

Originally posted by tangmanUK

Please give the review Ive been trying to find one for a long time.

The Trick Pro V1 retails for $1,367.62 in the UK.....(I know)

The Axis X Series Longboards are $663.20

The Axis A Series Longboards are $780.35

However my drum store I shop at only stock Trick pedal's so Im skeptical about dropping a {censored}e load of money on something ive never tried/played

Archived