A Message from The Drum Forum Moderator- Now Hear This!

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm, That is really strange. I have no PM's from you.

Thanks for being on it ara.

DJ

I sent two of them a few days ago...maybe the forum "upgrades" ate them up:confused::D

I deleted them from my SENT folder after Ara contacted me.....thanks anyways :wave:

and Thank YOU again to Ara :wave:

• Members

I fully understand the freedom of speech thing. No one wants heavy handedness, and everyone has a differerent opinion on what the threshold of acceptability is.

It should be clear that when someone starts a thread that is pretty much malicious or "This (thing/drummer) sucks because...." it's not a good practice or an addition to the forum. "Why are you guys so..." signals immediately that it's a troll...baiting forumites to respond and fight.

I made comments that this site is on the liberal side, just because it seemed to allow folks to go quite a ways before taking action. Too bad a few sociopaths felt it necessary to goad people into joining a pointless argument. And others decide not to argue a post, but instead personally attack people. That's never acceptable.

"What? you don't LOVE my old kit??? Why you dirty....etc etc...." No matter what you own, some people won't like it. No reason to get personal.

Anyway, I applaud the efforts of the mod. It's a normally thankless, yet often diffacult job that I'd only wish on an enemy. It's just below kindergarten teacher in terms of recognition for the work. It's impossible to please everyone. "Why was so-in-so banned?" and walk that fine line between crowd control and diciplinarian. This place has turned around significantly, and like Pearl forum, it needed it. Just a few bad apples...

Kudos to Dendy for making this place habitable. Don't give up, you have done the right thing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

These forums are a privilege...not a right. Before anything like this was around, you had to research for months and years for answers you're getting in a matter of moments. And if my kids or grandkids dialed in and had to be exposed to a bunch of intellectually dormant idiotic juvenile BS, you would bet I'd be pissed and outta here! HC...you own the road and I hope you'll let me continue to travel down with the rest of the real drummers. You forum admins...thanks for doing your thing.

With no rules, there's anarchy. I'm not a control freak, but I get tired of people who waste my time. I've read posts from a few of the "chosen ones" and honestly have had to say 'What planet are you from" I don't need discertations, or semi smart-alec (showing my age again) neo nowhere chatter. To all who've given me insight and knowledge and a place to hang out with real players and friendly dudes...thanks a bunch. To all the others...keep your day jobs cause you ain't makin' it as comedians...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

when do you know you were banned someone threatened to have me

banned when I responded to their comments and they said they are

going to report me to the mods and hope I am banned. instead of handleing

things like a man and maybe appologizing for being ignorant!!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey 2b... from Waltham? No kidding! :)

You techincally can, but be honest and upfront. Title your thread SPAM so people know what you're selling. If you're cool about it, it should go over just fine.

Oh yeah, and if you want to see a great drummer, head out to Jake's on Moody Street Friday night! A band called WHITE is playing, and their drummer, Mike Delaney, is AWESOME. :D

- Fitch

• Members

This is my son's new Sonor..........it is not completed yet, I need to tune it ans set the Cymbals....he just want me to post the pic

Vsoto...make yourself a new thread and post them there, just like you did here. This is the moderators thread. Unless you want only him to see them, which I'm sure is nice. Make a new thread, and you'll get lots of comments...

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I didn't read this all the way through, but what the hell is an OJer?

Open Jam. It's one of the forums on HC...kinda the wrong side of the tracks. I persoanlly have a lot of friends over there, but I am not well liked in the Drum Forum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Guys:

We have had some trolls invading the drum forums.

IGNORE AND REPORT THE TROLL!! DO NOT TAKE MATTERS INTO YOUR OWN HANDS AND THREAT, VIOLATE THE TERMS OF USE, OR POST PERSONAL INFO ON SOMEONE.

Recent internet laws could land you into trouble if you personally attack, verbally attack, Post personal information (even if found publicly), take a photo of someone and alter it in photoshop, etc.

JUST IGNORE THESE FOLKS AND PM ME.

Thanks,

Dendy

Drum Forum Moderator

Harmony Central Forum Admin

• 1 year later...

Archived