Is Your Drumset Green?

J.A.G.

• Members

This is kind a lame, but it was so cute, I had to post this.

Yesterday I sat in on a charity gig for some school kids in Cleveland. After the set, this little eight year old girl and her mom get on stage and approach the drums.

The little girl studies my old BLX and asks; "Is your drum set green?"

I looked at her mom wondering if she was color blind. Her mom states she's into environmental issues and is asking everyone she can about what they are doing to protect the environment.

I explained to her that my instrument is the only one on stage that does not need power. She gave me a thumbs up and headed over to the guitatrists...

Aha! She proceeded to rip 'em a new one! I loved it!

Acoustic Drummers...be proud! When the lights dim and there is no juice left...we'll still be kicking ass! :wave:

• Members

Yeah, I've been meaning to replace my coal-fired Rockstars for a while now. They sound great, but all that black smoke coming out of them is starting to stain the walls, and I've been coughing a lot lately. Don't get me started on the acid rain issue....my lawn looks like crap!

Still, after investing so much money to get the railroad tracks laid down to deliver coal by the trainload to run them, I kind of feel obligated to recoup on my investment. Plus those wind-powered drums just sound so "whimpy" in my opinion.:D

• Members

Yeah, I've been meaning to replace my coal-fired Rockstars for a while now. They sound great, but all that black smoke coming out of them is starting to stain the walls, and I've been coughing a lot lately. Don't get me started on the acid rain issue....my lawn looks like crap!

Still, after investing so much money to get the railroad tracks laid down to deliver coal by the trainload to run them, I kind of feel obligated to recoup on my investment. Plus those wind-powered drums just sound so "whimpy" in my opinion.
:D

that ROFL'd my waffles

• Members

Yesterday I sat in on a charity gig for some school kids in Cleveland. After the set, this little eight year old girl and her mom get on stage and approach the drums.

I looked at her mom wondering if she was color blind. Her mom states she's into environmental issues and is asking everyone she can about what they are doing to protect the environment.

I explained to her that my instrument is the only one on stage that does not need power. She gave me a thumbs up and headed over to the guitatrists...

Acoustic Drummers...be proud! When the lights dim and there is no juice left...we'll still be kicking ass!
:wave:

Way to rip on your bass/guitarists whatever happened to staying loyal to the band?? :D

• Members

Way to rip on your bass/guitarists whatever happened to staying loyal to the band??
:D

If those dudes can't defend themselves from an eight year old...well...need I say more?

But it was VERY enjoyable watching this little kid chew their asses out. :D

• Members

Acoustic Drummers...be proud! When the lights dim and there is no juice left...we'll still be kicking ass!
:wave:

I saw this thread linger and thought "no, my kit is not green, so i have no business in that thread." heheh

Thanks for posting! :thu:

Archived