Great Solo By An Unknown Drummer!

jacoe99

• Members

Yeah, he's put in some time and effort. Some of the stuff he's doing right around the 3 minute mark is pretty cool. I'd say there is some room for improvement in terms of "flow," (speaking strictly from a soloing standpoint), but overall, I'd say he's quite good and definitely fun to watch. Thanks!

• Members

That, my friends, does NOT get boring.

Yeah it does. Repetetive trial and error kind of improv. Typical working off the snare drum, recurring rimshots that don't particularly hang that well and get irritating by the third time around. Spectrally what happens is the equivalent of a melodic instrument hammering the high note EVERY time around. Boring.

Better than that Roddy thing by a couple magnitudes though. Tighter more articulate coordination, noticeably more efficient chops, and modulations!, gooderer recording as well. I give it a B or so.

• Members

Yeah it does. Repetetive trial and error kind of improv. Typical working off the snare drum, recurring rimshots that don't particularly hang that well and get irritating by the third time around. Spectrally what happens is the equivalent of a melodic instrument hammering the high note EVERY time around. Boring.

Better than that Roddy thing by a couple magnitudes though. Tighter more articulate coordination, noticeably more efficient chops, and
modulations!
, gooderer recording as well. I give it a B or so.

+1 :thu:

:idea: Agreed, more articulate and efficient chops, but...NOT any articulate or intriguing timing patterns! :confused:

VERY quick bass-foot and NICE high-hat work, though! ;)

:badump:

• Members

:bor:

just kidding!

From a technical standpoint, a good example of how rudiments can be applied around a drum set.

From a musical standpoint, yet another "look at me" solo. Still can't solo within the context of the groove. I'll never understand why that concept is so foreign to so many drummers.

My opinion...and I'm entitled to it. :D:D:D

• Members

Still can't solo within the context of the groove. I'll never understand why that concept is so foreign to so many drummers.

Agreed. Any circus act solo can be fun to watch, but the best ones are the ones that would be just as good if you couldn't see the drummer...ones that start, evolve, and stay within a groove, as opposed to a disparate series of flails.

Archived