How many drum sets do you own?

jenksdrummer

• Members

I'm still trying to build up my first kit. I still need about 1500.00 worth of cymbals. After that we'll see about a second set. Right now I don't get to play at gigs anyway. I am always expected to play base guitar so I don't need a second kit. I'm still building my chops.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Six but wish mine were all as nice as Ploughman's!

1 Electronic

3 Acoustic/typical size--RMV, Sonor Force 2000, no-name 1st kit from 8th grade

2 Acoustic/mini-don't-like-lugging-gear kits--Taye GoKit, Remo PTS (1st Generation)

• Members

One Gretsch Catalina Mod, standard size, a little deeper bass

One mixed jazz set with smaller everything (10,14,18, and 13 snare)

One set of cymbals

I think it's fun to have 2 very different sets cause it really affects your playing, with the smaller set I tend to just groove with a beat while with the larger one I try to display more chops.

• Members

1 right now..an inexpensive but great sounding, tough as nails Pearl FX groove machine and...(drum roll pllleeease..) A deposit put on a Masters BRX studio for recording and more at home use.. BOOYAH!

I'm just thinking back to when you first came here.... didn't you have a set of HB Drums back then?

Ooh... and of course we don't have to ask you for pics of the Masters BRX when you get them, do we? :poke:

• Members

I'm just thinking back to when you first came here.... didn't you have a set of HB Drums back then?

Ooh... and of course we don't have to ask you for pics of the Masters BRX when you get them, do we? :poke:

Yeah...(hangs head) I did. I wised up. I thought I was getting a great deal on those pos hbs! Sold them 3mos after I got 'em. Oddly my moniker never stood for the brand of drums like everyone thought!

I have played Pearl for like 15 years. I got the hbs after being in the unemployment line for a period of time..thinking I was on to something:rolleyes: Well things are MUCH better now and The Masters BSX's will be mine on the 15th of Feb!:love: My above post show pix of the 14" floor and kick drum...OHH yeaHHH!:poke:

BRXbronzeGlasschairDrumhead008-1.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Yeah! lol! sold the X7 kit to make way for the Masters BSX im getting on the 15th! the X7s were nice sounding..It was just time to own some real nice drums for a change. I was always a "less is more" kinda guy. Now That I landed this great job and the cash flow is RIGHTEOUS...It's time!

• Members

I have 2 kits - Sonor Phonic 5 piece, ludwig kit. Sonor sizes are 16x22, 10x12, 11x13, 16x16, 6.5x14 ferro snare, Ludwig maple classic - 16x24, 12x15,

14x15, 16x18, 6.5 supra (70's) plus a bunch of extra toms that are mixed and matched from other places. All the drums are white, so occasionally I mash the whole thing together, and have at it.

The other drums are 1) mapex orion birch 10x10, pearl export 10x12, pearl maple 3.5x14 free floater piccolo, ludwig tequila sunrise vistilite 5x14 snare, this odd conglomeration of drums all fit on or around a gibraltar small road rack. But there is so much weight on the rack that it sways when I play hard.

some of the drums are flown off cymbal stands and 2 of the snares are "flown" up high on clamps and snare stand tops. It looks retarded to see so many drums crammed in but I only do it once in a while for kicks when I get sick of playing a 5 piece.

• Members

2 sets: PDP Fusion and a very old set of cheap Pearls that still sound nice. I'm getting the itch again. I should have bought those Ayottes! sigh... Played a set of Starclassics in Florida that were quite nice.

Now snares are another thing... Custom Keller shell (my son built me!), Silvertone, old Pearl metal, and Pacific.

• Members

I've got a cheapie kit - Sound Percussion 5 pc , im a newbie so ..yea.. don't laugh

I just want to know if I'm crazy....

I have two now - an M-Birch 7 piece, and a Saturn (identical configuration).

I'm thinking of getting a 3rd "cheapie" kit, for use with shows...lol

So, this is a poll...how many kits do you own?

• Members

I just want to know if I'm crazy....

I have two now - an M-Birch 7 piece, and a Saturn (identical configuration).

I'm thinking of getting a 3rd "cheapie" kit, for use with shows...lol

So, this is a poll...how many kits do you own?

I have two kits 1 Pearl Export I use for giging and 1 Pearl Session studio that stays at home.

• Members

60s Ludwig red sparkle club date w/ nickel hardware

65 Rogers Holiday silver sparkle

60s frankenstein Slingerland WMP re-wrap

64 Ludwig club date re-wrap

Just sold my 6-piece Yamaha maple custom

double hardware- one to stay and one to go

19 snares...

I'm contemplating selling some to get a v-kit so I can actually play at home.

• Members

UMMMM....Let's see here.

1, yamaha

1,tama acoustic

1,tama electric w/alesis D4

1,ludwig

1,gretsch

1,set of roto toms 6" through 16"

I think that's it for now.

Oh, and 1 set of zildjian cymbals k's, A's and A customs.

I'm getting ready to get a paiste signature ride because it's cheap(used). I don't like to mix breeds but.... oh well.

Archived