All right, we need a mind torquing band name thread...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Greasy Weasel
Grizzled Lizard
Foul Cow
Soggy Dog
Doused Mouse
Smeared Deer
Sunken Skunk

Ok, so I got carried away there...

Space Hamsters
Gunmetal Blues
Mostly Harmless
Ghostly Sandwich
Undone Buttons
Pajama Zippers
Sandman Dreaming
Synaptic Rollercoaster
Teacup Overlords
Nothin' Fancy
Backwoods Rumble
Groovebucket
Questionable Content
Hear No Evil
Pillow Mints
Hooked On Tonics
Self Help
Snappy Undrersser
Homegrown Tones
Steel-Plated Soul
Phantom Trainwhistles
Acquired Taste
Immigrant Stimulant
Froglicker
Astronauts Hitchhiking
Spacemen Grounded
Scaleboat
Chromatic Triggerpull

• Members

Well, the guitar player I started this with called it quits over the weekend. He's been on and off the fence for a while now. Frankly, I'm glad. At least we can move forward with some decisiveness now. We're back to a trio, but are looking to find a different bass player. The one we have only wants to practice once a week, only until 10pm, and don't want to gig indoors because of the smoke. At least me and the remaining guitar player are of the same mind set. He's better than the other guy too.

We'll come up with a name much faster now. The guy that quit had a stake in the band, and he was one of the most indecisive people I've ever played with.

• Members
Well, the guitar player I started this with called it quits over the weekend. He's been on and off the fence for a while now. Frankly, I'm glad. At least we can move forward with some decisiveness now. We're back to a trio, but are looking to find a different bass player. The one we have only wants to practice once a week, only until 10pm, and don't want to gig indoors because of the smoke. At least me and the remaining guitar player are of the same mind set. He's better than the other guy too.

We'll come up with a name much faster now. The guy that quit had a stake in the band, and he was one of the most indecisive people I've ever played with.

Haha on weekdays I only get to practice til 10pm due to a psycho early-sleeper neighbor kitty-corner to my house. Damn it. :(

• Members

Well, we're done with all the dead weight. The bass player told me he has too much on his plate to play with us. But then I call this other dude and find out that both the guys that quit have been jamming at his place on the weekend. He also told me they both aren't committed to {censored}. They just want to drink beer, smoke dope and jam.

I got a line on another guitar player, so maybe that will turn into something.

• Members

Then you'd have to cover, "Love Shack."

But it'd have to be about that other love shack... you know, the one out back behind Uncle Jesse's farm, where Bo and Luke used to blindfold cousin Daisy, and she have to guess which one it was...

• Members

No, cuz that's been solved. Anyone who was uncommitted is gone. Now I like
The Committed
. That's good on a couple levels. Or on the same theme,
The Baker Act

If you gotta look it up, it ain't a good band name.

Now, if it's like Steely Dan, it works okay without looking it up, then when you do it's even better.

Archived