Rack mount snare stand?

willhaven

• Members

Who makes a good one?

I'm going to get a Pearl Icon rack (square tubing), so I need something that doesn't necessarily require a round tubular rack.

I'm going to have a double kick pedal and I've always had issues in the past with snare stand/stool/pedal interactions, even with rack setups.

Opinions would be appreciated.

• Members

Generally the legless snare stand mount from the legs of the rack, and not the cross bars, so the shape of your cross bar (round or square) shouldn't come in to the equation. That is of course assuming that your aren't 9' tall and need your snare mounted at the average person's chest level.

• Members

Good call on the Gibraltar. It'll definitely work with the Pearl rack.

Mounting it from the square tubing would have involved using some telescopic dog bone setup most likely. {censored} that.

Thanks guys.

Any opinions on the remote hats?

• Members

My only problem with my rack snare stand is that it was such a pain to transport, I didn't bother using it anymore. If I'm gonna spend the time to remove it from the rack, I might as well just use a snare stand.

It's sitting in the corner, waiting for me to get an aux snare or something so it has some kind of use.

• Members

the dw 9000 remote hi hat stands are nice. they dont feel too tight or loose or anything, and they have a good amount of play so it has the feel of a normal hat. if youre only getting it to your hats can be closer to the snare, i have another gibraltar suggestion.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibraltar-Hi-Hat-Stand-with-Movable-Leg-Base?sku=448994

the legs rotate so it would be able to accommadate a double pedal, you would be able to position your hats where you want them, and you wouldnt have to worry about the cable from the dw remote one getting in your way. hell if youre using a 3 sided rack you could even take the legs off and mount it.

• Members

just an odd story sort of related to this, my teacher uses one of those LP compact congas, where its basically just the head. he had it on a snare stand and the legs were always getting in his way so he bought one of those no leg snare stands and put it on his hi hat to hold the conga. i played on his kit after that and let me tell you, that thing is sturdy. it never moved, during playing the hi-hat with the foot or playing the conga. its constructed very well

Archived