Anyone try these for drum shoes?

gbl102

• Members

I'm just straight barefoot. Couldn't ever seem to get as proficient with heel-toe with shoes on and I never liked playing in socks. I've tried chucks, Adidas Sambas, Simples, and even Macbeths...

• Members

What about organ shoes?

I don't really know if they'd work or not -- they are designed to give feel, and while they do have heel-toe playing sensitivity in mind the issues are, I suppose quite different

hmm, maybe a real driving moc would work too

a fencing shoe might also be helpful - the specialized heel area and they get good traction on metal (for fencing on an electric piste)

kind of left field, but maybe even a climbing shoe (provided you sized it to fit like a street shoe, not climbing shoe fit) would be something

eh, just some ideas for ya - I have absolutely no idea if they'd work well

but I figure if we're at glove-like slippers we're looking at non-standard footwear anyway... ;)

• Members

wait. what pussies can't play their IC's barefoot without hurting their feetsies? I've been doing this for 4 years and haven't even developed a callous let alone hurt my feet.

The beaters nail me on top of my feet. Very uncomfortable.

• Members

Heya Folks:

I used to wear just standard running shoes most gigs, or if it was a formal jacket/shirt/tie gig, I have a pair of Black Rockports , but since I've taken up double Pedal , I've been using these rather cool slip on pair of black slippers I got from Walmart. Form fit the foot, the tread on them are like mini stop signs, thickness of a cheese slice, and my feet don't slip off the boards. Total Cost?

$4.55 with taxes in.

Gotta Love Walmart sometimes:thu::blah::blah::facepalm:

:thu::thu:PEACE:thu::thu:

• Members

Actually I have used those on my iron cobras, they worked pretty nicely for me. no slip.

A friend of mine got me a free pair about 3 1/2 years ago. He saw them in some climbing (??) magazine before they even came out and contacted the company. They ended up sending him a few pairs to test out before, so he was pretty much a beta tester for Vibram. I'm pretty sure they were designed for climbers.

takes a while to get used to them. I wouldn't wear them in public unless you like attention. people will be bothering you all the time asking "wtf are those....where can i get some" even if though most are probably thinking they look fugly. :facepalm: they have enough padding to protect your feet from rocks/glass/stickers, but your feet will start hurting after a while. I personally wouldn't pay more than $20 for them.

• Members

A friend of mine got me a free pair about 3 1/2 years ago. He saw them in some climbing (??) magazine before they even came out and contacted the company. They ended up sending him a few pairs to test out before, so he was pretty much a beta tester for Vibram. I'm pretty sure they were designed for climbers.

maybe as an approach or scrambling shoe, but they look almost more like a water shoe

but I have my doubts as a clmbing shoe as such

lot of neoprene and mesh (which is going to get torn up) and I have my doubts you could crank em tight like a full on climbing shoe , looks like they use a heel strap (which could interfere with heel hooking), etc - I suspect they aren't using a climbing rubber on the sole (and there are treads)

Though I suspect folks are going to try them as a "natural foot climbing" experiment - just for the hell of it

Archived