Ludwig snare question...

cdawg

• Members

The Acro on top is an okay price but the last 2 I've sold like that were right at $100. You can definitely spend less on that drum.

The brass drum is okay -- it's a Rockers series. The 6.5 depth helps though, I'd say it's a fair price. I did recently see a used Black Magic for $200 and I'd take that over the Rockers drum any day.

• Members

I'd give both of those a "Hot" for 2 bills. Not a lot of difference in sound between those and other brass snares. Get good heads, wires, and tune it up right and you'll never know its not a black beauty. And as for the Acro, its always a sweet choice. Just put a decent mic on her, run it through a 4 track and see what I mean. Aluminum records great.

• Members

thx guys, been looking for something to mix it up a bit, and i don't wanna go broke just yet. been wanting a new snare, but have been tying up $$ in a couple of other projects. prob should just finish this damn '52 student slingy i have, but i ran across these.

on second thought, what the hell am i doing?

• Members

well, i have a few, but nothin' great:

7x12 premier (eucalyptus and maple?)

6x14 gretsch catalina (came with my mod kit)

6x14 steel yamaha (yuk)

3x14 steel cheapy

and that 5x14 slingy. it's actually a '62, not a '52 like i said. oops.

just kinda want something worth a {censored}.

• Members

well, i have a few, but nothin' great:

7x12 premier (eucalyptus and maple?)

6x14 gretsch catalina (came with my mod kit)

6x14 steel yamaha (yuk)

3x14 steel cheapy

and that 5x14 slingy. it's actually a '62, not a '52 like i said. oops.

just kinda want something worth a {censored}.

Then my advice would be this:

SELL the Catalina for $80-100

SELL the steel Yamaha for $50-70

SELL the steel cheapy for $40

ADD the $200 you were going to spend on these two drums

and buy a killer snare drum for $400. You can get a used 6.5x14 Black Beauty for that.

• Members

Then my advice would be this:

SELL the Catalina for $80-100

SELL the steel Yamaha for $50-70

SELL the steel cheapy for $40

ADD the $200 you were going to spend on these two drums

and buy a killer snare drum for $400. You can get a used 6.5x14 Black Beauty for that.

um, that's an eye-opener.

if i pull together another hunny on top of that, i can get a pretty nice dynasonic...

and that's a fact. (with that, i think i just felt my weenis move.)

thanks, loss. for real.

• Members

You can get a nice Dynasonic for less than you think. A nice one on ebay can usually be had for $300-400. Go dude go! Get selling! Glad I could help.

heh heh. yeah, you're a real bastard, gettin' the wheels turnin' for me! i'm REALLY the kinda guy that thinks things through too much before buying...

i know i'll own a dyna one day, but ya think i should go for a different (easier,) snare for now? i was drooling over the stewart copeland snare from another thread. that's pretty reasonable, price-wise.:idk:

• Members

Eh, I'm not into the Copeland drum. My sarcasm on the thread you mention was lost upon the OP of the pic.

I think if you want a Dyna, get a Dyna. They aren't my thing -- I have fallen completely in love with all varieties of Ludwig Supras. I think the drum that will make you drool is a 6.5x14 Black Magic or Black Beauty. I LOVE MINE, it just "has it."

Archived