ok, lets talk lugs...

cdawg

• Members

i've been googling like crazy, but i've just been seeing the same ol'.

i'm looking for some lugs for my project kit, something understated, but not horribly plain. i just don't want some crazy ego lugs. you guys seem to find links i don't, so what secrets do you guys have? i've hit am, precision, you know the typical. anyone know any others? been thinking machined. don't really have an interest in tube lugs.

• Members

check out champagne lugs, they're aluminum and nice.

never heard of those. did a quick search and didn't find. what are those like. any pics?

loss, i've been to am a dozen times and never saw those deco ones! those are pretty damn cool! thanks! i'd dig those beavers if they weren't so chunky. (here's where i start to be picky.) but the decos are def in the top for me.

• Members

You know you should make a new type of drum... a lugless drum.

hasn't that been done, like with the free floaters? or with the legendary peavey kits (oh, and those looked real purdy, too.):facepalm:

that thought has crossed my mind, tho.

• Members

never heard of those. did a quick search and didn't find. what are those like. any pics?

loss, i've been to am a dozen times and never saw those deco ones! those are pretty damn cool! thanks! i'd dig those beavers if they weren't so chunky. (here's where i start to be picky.) but the decos are def in the top for me.

http://www.ghostnote.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=32012

• Members

I've honestly never really paid that much attention to lugs , if they work I'm cool with them , if they don't work then it doesn't really matter how pretty they are , they're still just as useless to me.

I've had good luck with Ludwig lugs and mixed luck with Pacific's lugs , Pearls tend to have at least one {censored} lug per mid tom , my OCP lugs have been holding up nicely.

Guess I'm really not a Lug guy.

• Members

I've honestly never really paid that much attention to lugs , if they work I'm cool with them , if they don't work then it doesn't really matter how pretty they are , they're still just as useless to me.

I've had good luck with Ludwig lugs and mixed luck with Pacific's lugs , Pearls tend to have at least one {censored} lug per mid tom , my OCP lugs have been holding up nicely.

Guess I'm really not a Lug guy.

yeah, i never thought much about it til now. putting together a kit is harder than i thought. it took me 4 months to put together a pc, once. but once i did...:cool:

Archived