OT: Stupid Computer Question.

twosticks

• Members

Howdy, I need help. My wife has put the taskbar and start button on the right edge of the screen. I have gone through appearences and start up menus and can still not get the task bar and start button back down on the bottom of the screen. Any advice would be nice and helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Members

Left click (and hold the mouse button down) somewhere in the empty part of the task bar and drag it from the right side to the bottom (you'll see a border line appear where it will be moved to) then let go of the button.

• Members

yeah, get a mac. let apple decide where everything goes despite what you might want, cause they are much smarter and obviously know what's best. boooooo.

oh please!:rolleyes: Yeah...get a PC so you can spend more time figuring out on how to get your computer to work than actually getting the work done...:p:p Just kidding now don't get all huffy (and not the bicycle either) I use both...unfortunately...:facepalm:

• Members

yeah, get a mac. let apple decide where everything goes despite what you might want, cause they are much smarter and obviously know what's best. boooooo.

so you mean "get your work done without dealing with all the stupid {censored} windows makes you do to accomplish that?"

yeah, i totally agree.

i'm way happier to deal with admining my linux box via command line than i ever will be dealing with the silly bull{censored} that's windows.

• Members

yeah I was anti mac...(okay not anti..but you know what I mean) until I got BFD2 and my quad core ultra fast windows tower couldn't handle it. Yes I could have (and did) spent hours tweaking it; setting latency etc.. doing this and that and eventually MAYBE it would be faster than a mac but even then windows limits RAM one program can use, to 3 gigs max.

Bought a Mac pro, plugged in my audio interface..recognized right away with no tweaking, loaded the software fired it up and instantly got nearly perfect results at virtually the most demanding settings BFD2 can tax the computer with. Windows never did that.

People can poo-poo mac all they like but the simple fact is it allows you to do what you want to do faster and more efficiently than windows. And that IS worth the price of admission. Cause my time is valuable and I want to make music...not sit around being a {censored}in computer geek tweaking settings.

• Members

People can poo-poo mac all they like but the simple fact is it allows you to do what you want to do faster and more efficiently than windows. And that IS worth the price of admission. Cause my time is valuable and I want to make music...not sit around being a {censored}in computer geek tweaking settings.

I don't use macs for the simple reason that they don't do what I want them to do. If something doesn't work I can make it work, and if something breaks I can fix it. Macs work great at what they do, but outside of that scope they're entirely useless to me.

I don't {censored} on mac computers because as I said, they do their job very well, but I'm sick of having all these assholes coming in with their self-righteous "buy a mac" bull{censored} when someone runs into something as trivial as accidentally flipping the task bar around.

I will never give apple money anyways, because I don't agree with their business practices and schemes. That whole "mac and pc" advertising campaign is a whole whack of bull{censored} that's driven further by a teeming mass of pretentious assholes.

I've been told by other artists that I'm not an artist if I don't use a mac... or I'm not a musician... or I'm not a photographer... or outright insult me as a person. I can't go a day with some prick insulting my worth as an artist and as a person because I don't use mac computers. I'm serious, too. Every day someone brings up computers, someone asks me what I use, and someone says something like "man you're really stupid for using a pc" or "why would anyone in their right mind use anything but a mac?". I don't get involved in these discussions because there's no reasoning with most of you people. Sure, a lot of you are joking, but this "mac vs pc" tripe is the one thing in this world that sets me off. Sure, tell me to relax and take it easy. I try to be nice and I try to be calm and say "haha yeah" every time some {censored}ing asshole calls me a retard for not using macs, but as I said I seriously hear this bull{censored} every {censored}ing day.

I haven't had a virus or major error for about 10 years now. I don't blame mac for these specific errors, but my brother (who calls me a faggot for being a pc user, by the way) has two dead macs sitting in his house. One with a bad motherboard, the other with a fried GPU. On top of the 3 or 4 times this past year that his hard drive crashed and he lost all of his graphic design work. "I don't need to backup my files... i'm using a mac" he says. Macs break just as well as any PC. Computers take a little set up and maintenance, and treating them with a "they're just supposed to work" mentality is like driving a car and never changing the oil... something's going to happen eventually. They've come a long way since DOS, but they're not quite perfect. Mac has come up with one approach that works extremely well for the every day computer user, but aside from audio production and photography, I never see macs being used in a professional environment.

All that said, I do recommend mac computers to most of my friends. Someone wants a laptop for school or general use? Get a macbook or macbook pro. Someone wants a straightforward home computer to check e-mail, facebook, and play a couple games? Get an iMac. If you want a powerful computer at a lower price point, I'll design you a custom PC that suits your needs at whatever budget you have.

• Members

Like I said though...I have a custom PC I bought/built specifically for music production and it was still a headache. The mac wasn't. Simple as that. Now I blame the OS more than the computer but in the end that still doesn't solve the problem of me being able to do what I want.

People like who you're talking about are obviously idiots. And obviously Macs are going to have problems as well.

Fact is while mac are expensive the mac pro is super easy to up grade with now virtually all the components plug and play and a chassis that is idiot friendly. It's 64 bit ready and appears to be a stable design that should last a long time.

If people use PC and are happy then good for them! Enjoy. But when the opposite occurs and all the PC fan boys come out saying mac are {censored} and PC can do this and that better...well...I call bull{censored} on that.

• Members

Fact is while mac are expensive the mac pro is super easy to up grade with now virtually all the components plug and play and a chassis that is idiot friendly. It's 64 bit ready and appears to be a stable design that should last a long time.

Definitely, I really like the direction the new mac pro's are going in. A few years ago my mac friends would come to me with computer problems that I couldn't solve... if a component died or they managed to screw up the OS... the computer was DEAD. I call Apple customer support and they tell me that my friend needs to buy a new computer, there's nothing we can do. The mac pro's are nice in that I can just replace the dead component and the computer works fine. I can't say the same for iMac's or any other system in the mac lineup but at least the most expensive ones are serviceable.

Funny story, I've actually been told to "{censored} off" by Apple customer support on four separate occasions... I'm a prick, really i am. :thu:

I quite like mac computers, I just hate the high horse computer users sit on because of the format they run. Mac users piss me off the most because it's hip and trendy to be a mac user... PC users who {censored} on macs piss me off as well because like the Mac users, they simply do not know what they're talking about.

• Members

I don't use macs for the simple reason that they don't do what I want them to do. If something doesn't work I can make it work, and if something breaks I can fix it. Macs work great at what they do, but outside of that scope they're entirely useless to me.

I don't {censored} on mac computers because as I said, they do their job very well, but I'm sick of having all these assholes coming in with their self-righteous "buy a mac" bull{censored} when someone runs into something as trivial as accidentally flipping the task bar around.

I will never give apple money anyways, because I don't agree with their business practices and schemes. That whole "mac and pc" advertising campaign is a whole whack of bull{censored} that's driven further by a teeming mass of pretentious assholes.

I've been told by other artists that I'm not an artist if I don't use a mac... or I'm not a musician... or I'm not a photographer... or outright insult me as a person. I can't go a day with some prick insulting my worth as an artist and as a person because I don't use mac computers. I'm serious, too. Every day someone brings up computers, someone asks me what I use, and someone says something like "man you're really stupid for using a pc" or "why would anyone in their right mind use anything but a mac?". I don't get involved in these discussions because there's no reasoning with most of you people. Sure, a lot of you are joking, but this "mac vs pc" tripe is the one thing in this world that sets me off. Sure, tell me to relax and take it easy. I try to be nice and I try to be calm and say "haha yeah" every time some {censored}ing asshole calls me a retard for not using macs, but as I said I seriously hear this bull{censored}
every {censored}ing day.

I haven't had a virus or major error for about 10 years now. I don't blame mac for these specific errors, but my brother (who calls me a faggot for being a pc user, by the way) has two dead macs sitting in his house. One with a bad motherboard, the other with a fried GPU. On top of the 3 or 4 times this past year that his hard drive crashed and he lost all of his graphic design work. "I don't need to backup my files... i'm using a mac" he says. Macs break just as well as any PC. Computers take a little set up and maintenance, and treating them with a "they're just supposed to work" mentality is like driving a car and never changing the oil... something's going to happen eventually. They've come a long way since DOS, but they're not quite perfect. Mac has come up with one approach that works extremely well for the every day computer user, but aside from audio production and photography, I never see macs being used in a professional environment.

All that said, I do recommend mac computers to most of my friends. Someone wants a laptop for school or general use? Get a macbook or macbook pro. Someone wants a straightforward home computer to check e-mail, facebook, and play a couple games? Get an iMac. If you want a powerful computer at a lower price point, I'll design you a custom PC that suits your needs at whatever budget you have.

Just go get a mac, you retard. :poke:

Archived