Jesus christ i got sloshed tonight

Thomas G

• Members

Pro-tip: Make every night your twentieth birthday. I think like fourteen people kissed me. Granted, three or four were men... Eh. You win some, you lose some.

And just to make sure I stay on topic, am I alone in the fact that my chops are actually way better when I'm under the influence? I can pull out singles and doubles out of my ass like NO ONE'S business right now, but they aren't nearly as good when I'm sober.

Pro-tip2: Stay away from tequila.

• Members

I only went on 1 time lit for a show. We were celebrating a big anniversary and having about 2000 people show up at a club. I remember it well...we each banged down 2 shots of Cuervo really fast and climbed up on stage. I don't even drink so it was very rare indeed.

Needless to say...try and and play a floor show hovering 2 feet off the ground. I lost the feeling of my pedals below my feet and literally hung on for dear life. I musta sobered up somewhere in the middle cause I had so much fear adreneline running through me it was incredible. Never did it again and never will...not my style.

I asked my sound man how it sounded when I got off stage...he said fine like normal...but I couldn't tell you what the hell I played at ALL! Fear sometimes is a really motivator.

I agree with Todd...Big Daddy. People pay me to play...or at least used to. I owe it to them to do my best. My best is straight up and playing hard. I save any drinking till afterwards...been that way and no need to change now as I see it...

• Members

I don't get lit on anything anymore, got all that outa my system at a very young age.. By 21 it was all old news, been there done that smoked it drank it kinda thing..

Last time I played messed up, I was on guitar, and most of it was free jam stuff, where ya close your eyes, and just go with the flow for a couple hours.. Lot of fun, what I can remember..

• Members

I'm glad ya had fun man. I'm also glad ya didn't get hurt, or in any touble. Not to be a downer at all, so please don't take it that way.

I'll be friggin' 51 this week. No happy BD's please. I don't like getting older. Doesn't fit well with me.

Still to this day, I'm fighting my own personal battle's with escaping. Just have fun, but be careful young Bro.

I guess at least I'm aware of it. So that's one good thing.

Still workin' on Mark after all these years.

Man it gets old. But my happyness can't come from a bottle of whatever. I just gotta find it in me again,

You guys (and girls) are like family, so sorry for the vent and the rant.

Happy Birthday Thomas!

And I mean that in all sincerity man. You seem to be very cool and have your {censored} in a pile. Keep it like that. You'll do very well man!

Marko :-)

• Members

I also should have noted that I've never actually sat behind a kit when under the influence. Just sticks and a pad.

Also, on nights like that, I need to learn to stay away from the internet. :facepalm:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, though!

• Members

And just to make sure I stay on topic, am I alone in the fact that "I THINK" my chops are actually way better when I'm under the influence? I can pull out singles and doubles out of my ass like NO ONE'S business right now, but "I THINK" they aren't nearly as good when I'm sober.

Fixed that for ya man. :thu:

• Members

good is relative when you're drunk.

That's what I thought, too, until one of my instructors got pissed at me because my diddle quality was a lot better when I was drunk.

I suppose this also brings up the question of why the {censored} I am drumming on practice pads when I'm at parties...

• Members

I'll be friggin' 51 this week. No happy BD's please. I don't like getting older. Doesn't fit well with me.Marko :-)

Damn you're old...holy crap...did you get to watch the Pyramids being built? No birthdays my ass...just be glad you're on this side of the grass! You'll still never catch me or the old fart Mickster...:p:p:p

• Members

The best band I ever ended up in started off in the most peculiar way. To start off, let me say I am not a druggie, but at the age of 18, I said "Ah what the hell, I don't have anything else to do today." I was sitting in a club around 6 pm talking to the band that was setting up (mostly my friends or acquaintences) and went to the bathroom to take a whiz. The drummer for the band was in there with a big sheet of saran wrap unfolded on the counter. He had what must have been 8-10 grams of magic mushrooms. He took a huge handful and swigged them down with a double rum and coke. Then he asked if I wanted to finish off the rest. Not having anything else to do, and being curious I said "sure, why the hell not?"

The band started at 9pm on the dot, and the first song was a complete trainwreck. The drummer was about a verse behind the band. It was so embarrassing I couldn't look. The band almost showed black smoke:mad: coming from their ears as they kept looking back at Dennis wondering what the hell was wrong with him. The second song began and he just fell backwards off his stool and couldn't get off his back. He was WASTED. The band announced "A quick break for technical difficulties" which was funny as the 500 people in attendance knew full well what was wrong with dennis. (he was the resident "shroom head")

I, of course, was flying high, and not exactly comfortable being around that many people.(first time I had done any hallucinogens that strong). I had hidden at a dark corner table. Next thing I hear is "Could Mr.Dillon please come to the stage" over the P.A. system.

Many people in the club knew me as a drummer, and there was no hiding anymore. I approached the stage (terrified/paranoid) and asked what they wanted. (like I didn't know)

They more or less said that If I couldn't play for them, the night was shot, and they weren't getting paid, and the crowd would be steamed. I told them that "I have had a couple of drinks, so I don't think I'd be any good". Dan the bass player motioned back to a crawling dennis and said "it won't be worse than THAT"

So I got up, and finished the set for them ON A LEFT HANDED SETUP. They then told Dennis that he was done and I was now the new drummer right there and then. He said OK, and they said I would be using his drums because he Fukked up so badly, there would be no time to get my set and set up. (I was freaking out, as the paranoia was peaking. It felt like the whole club was looking AT ME, ---which they were......we were the band!!!)

I switched around the set to a right handed set up, and finished the night for them. Only after which I told them I was just as stoned as Dennis. They all had the biggest laugh. But the difference was I hadn't planned on playing when I did the drugs, Dennis did.

That was the first and last time I ever EVER had anything before going on stage. I still get anxiety when I think back to how absolutely terrified I was.

The walls in the club were "breathing", the peoples faces were changing into different shapes, etc, All part of "growing up" I guess. But I don't recommend drugs or booze before playing. At least know what you are capable of before attempting it, or you'll end up like Dennis. Whacked out on his back, getting fired in front of 500 people, and having some young whippersnapper take your spot in a happening band.

Archived