OT: Gaming

boxofrocks

• Members

Try Uncharted 2: Drakes Fortune. Kind of an Indiana Jones vibe. Treasure hunter seeks Marco Polo's lost treasure, lots of action and explosions.

i have just finished this game...its amazing man.....should definately rent it out

got 9.5 on ign i think....many other reviews gave it 9 or higher

if ur lookin to include ur fam....should also look into motorstorm pacific rift....thats a lot of fun

enjoy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has anybody played Madden 10 on it yet?

I have 9 for PS2 and love it. Is 10 better?

I've always been a gameday fan until NFL2K5 came out. Madden always had the {censored}tiest football games, so I refused to buy anymore when they did the whole MAdden rules the world BS. I did however play Madden 10' with a friend and I was very impresssed. EA finally figured out how to make a football game. I am really thinking about buying it, but right now my principles are still in the way.

• Members

On PS2 I played the Medal of Honor series, at least most of them, EA Football (NFL & NCAA) and Baseball (forget which venddor). Have also played some Lego Starwars with my boys, they love it.

I have a 360 and play COD 2, COD Modern Warfare & COD Modern Warfare 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and an older version of Madden NFL.

Played original Halo on the xbox but didn't care for it that much.

• Members

So for the week, I rented a few that I'm really digging.. Hey 1.5 a piece no reason to pay 60 bucks a game, might as well test them all out first.

Uncharted 2, infamous, pirates of the Caribbean, and brutal legend.

All great games, with great grafix, I tested them all out for a few tonight, wont be digging into them till tomorrow, but so far all of these are fun.

the brutal legend, is the one with jack black in it. It's not the deepest game ever, but really entertaining.

Infamous isn't my thing, but still a great game.

Uncharted is great, in every way IMO..

Pirates, is different, grafix are great, and 1st level is fun, that's as far as I got so far.

Would anybody be into trading games? I have a few that came with this thing, and don't care for them, Spiderman, and Mirrors edge.

I'd trade for one of the games above..

• Members

NHL 10 - got it the day it came out, meh, not as good as 09.

Gears of War - got halfway through it, not bad but I like more of a strategy and RPG shooter than run and gun.

Halo 3 - popped in a couple times, it's kind of boring, haven't gotten into it yet.

NHL 10 is pretty awesome. I play it a lot more than 09, especially online. 09 had a lot of problems with glitches and such, with 10 not being as bad. I really only play the online club team mode with friends anymore, but it's fun as hell.

I used to play gears of war 2 online a lot, but not so much anymore.

Halo 3 is lots of fun with friends, alone it's pretty boring.

I play Grand Theft Auto 4 and Skate 2 a lot, due to being sandbox type games. I can just throw 'em in and muck about for a while.

I loved Tiger Woods '10 but my disk got scratched up, need to get it cleaned.

My XBox Live gamertag is "comrade mogs" by the way.

• Members

NHL 10 is pretty awesome. I play it a lot more than 09, especially online. 09 had a lot of problems with glitches and such, with 10 not being as bad. I really only play the online club team mode with friends anymore, but it's fun as hell.

Hey whats the sport y'all play up there that's like shuffle board on ice? That would be a great game if they made it..

Edit: Is it curling?

• Members

I don't have the patience or time it takes to spend getting good at games. Hence, i suck at them, play them briefly and quit shortly thereafter. I did spend a bit of time playing soldier of fortune II back in the day, when i had more time. I loved that {censored}. Don't know what the PS3 equivalent is. GTA is always good for a quick {censored} around. These days, I don't play anything, for the above mentioned reasons. Growing up i had NES, SNES and megadrive. Donkey Kong Country was the {censored}. And speedball 2. Ahh, sweet nostalgia.

• Members

You're thinking curling...and it's probably in that Vancouver 2010 game they're making.

Played a few demos this weekend, Brutal Legend was pretty fun, the Batman game seems okay, Dante's Inferno looks amazing.

Any Xbox guys like Forza? I have played the demos and the game looks nice (not quite GT though), but it just seems way too hard to control the car. Maybe it's because I've been brought up on the GT games...is it a similar racing RPG type game?

• Members

You're thinking curling...and it's probably in that Vancouver 2010 game they're making.

Played a few demos this weekend, Brutal Legend was pretty fun, the Batman game seems okay, Dante's Inferno looks amazing.

Any Xbox guys like Forza? I have played the demos and the game looks nice (not quite GT though), but it just seems way too hard to control the car. Maybe it's because I've been brought up on the GT games...is it a similar racing RPG type game?

yeah, i got into forza. had the steering wheel and i think it's the only way to play it. the force feedback works amazingly. thus, the hard controls, via thumbstick. it's not as unforgiving as GT, but it's challenging, for sure. i'm more into the arcade racers, except for the colin mcrae racers (dirt, etc.)

• Members

I've actually been dying to play Forza. I don't have a PS3 so I've yet to even touch the GT prologue, much to my dismay.

None of my friends can understand my love for the GT series :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Got a Xbox 360 yesterday, Finally. And got Army of Two 40th day, it kicks ass, Any one here on Xbox live, Thinkin of getting a router to play woundering if any of my fellow drummers are on

Hey man,

I'm not sure 100% about 360 but if your xbox is in the same room with the computer, and you have LAN on your comp, you can share your computers internet and just use a cable from the xbox to the comp.

That's what I had to do, since I use the towns free wifi, I had to share my comp net connection, and then just pluged cable from comp to PS3 and there it was.. But all my stuff is sitting in the same room, with my drums and stuff.. The dude room..

• Members

Got a Xbox 360 yesterday, Finally. And got Army of Two 40th day, it kicks ass, Any one here on Xbox live, Thinkin of getting a router to play woundering if any of my fellow drummers are on

great game. although not as good as the first, its still really fun. :thu:

• Members

I am into computer games more then console games.I built my computer up to where it will play any game that is out there right now.

But I did buy the kids a wii a few years ago and they have about 30 games.I did buy me a fishing game I play here and there but not often.

Just bought my son a DS Lite the other day,he seems to enjoy it but i Haven't played it yet.

I'm just not a console game player,Computers all the way!

• Members

Just got this hooked up after setting for a few years.

Odyssey2.jpg

TGF Loves it!

That's bad ass!

Went to pawn shop yesterday, and they had a table FULL of Atari carts.. All the games I used to have when I was a little kid.. Pitfall, Centipede, frogger, combat, pac man, they had them all.. I was really wishing I had an Antari, I would have bought every one of them, must have been 75 carts for .50 a piece.. Walked out with a 12 string to fix up instead.. Our pawn shop rules..

• Members

Got a free download code for the God of war III demo last night..

Got it started downloading and crashed, got up 6hrs later, and it's only 22%.. My internet is sooo slow.. Want to play it NOW!!!!

Got the full game on reserve at Gamestop, for when it drops next month.. Very excited, GOW has been my favorite game so far since getting into gaming.. Anybody played the demo yet?

• Members

Dontes Inferno..

It dropped today, went out in the slick roads and snow, to hit gamestop and got 1 of the only 3 copies they had. If the roads werent so bad, they would have been sold out..

Anyway.. Frickin amazing game.. Buy it if you can.. Insane game..

Graphics are great, story is great, bosses and bad guys in general are creepy and challenging.

If you like God of war style games, you will dig this one just as much.

BTW, we reserved God of war III for when it drops next month.. Can't wait..

So yeah, anyway, we've been into this game for hours now, and it keeps getting better. If you were on the fence about it, go ahead man, it's brilliant.

Archived