i'm gonna start raping...

cdawg

• Members

my yamaha set, since i found that the lugs have the same spacing holes as my rogers kit! now, i'm still missing the wrap for them, but i'm gonna be gettin' into the studio soon, so to keep costs down, i'm gonna be "borrowing" parts from all of the kits i have to get the rogers up and running. i think i'll still have to score some hoops for the 24 kick and the 15 tom (and the 20 FT, as well,) but i'm happy that i'll be able to jam on this kit soon, albeit ugly as sin.

• Members

still thinking about the final set-up. i'm gonna have 13" up, and 16" down, and i have a 15" to put in there somewhere, but i'm not sure where. i was gonna mount it FT-style in front of the 16, but it might be cool to put it on the other side of my hi-hat. that way, i could run 16 + 20, down. but if i put that 15 to the left of my hat it would be nice to have one of those cool gibraltar hi-hats that shift the hat over to the right a bit.

i dunno.

• Members

I had no idea the Yamaha lugs fit the Rogers spacing! How cool. Which lugs are they, got a pic?

well, i'm not sure about regular yammies, but i have an older yamaha power v kit, not the power v-special. i looked online for an example, but i didn't find one. i'll snap a pic when i get home. i'm not sure what they're called, but the lugs look sorta like little coffins.

• Members

black interiors? I had a 13" tom with the coffin lugs and black interior. some sort of power-v something. it sounded awesome.

winna winna, chicken dinna. and, yes, they do sound great. i'm rewrapping them after the rogers. they came as a 5 piece, 12, 13, 16, 22. steel 14x6.5.

• Members

those poor shells... sitting in the basement, NAKED. nothing but their black interiors to brood about... untouched by anything but a cold ring of floor... no life or vibrations! no good times, nor even the possibility!

stripped of use. empty tubes.

empty tubes.

you bastard.

• Members

those poor shells... sitting in the basement, NAKED. nothing but their black interiors to brood about... untouched by anything but a cold ring of floor... no life or vibrations! no good times, nor even the possibility!

stripped of use. empty tubes.

empty tubes.

you bastard.

no, no. i've been filling them with love and feces.

Archived