Challenger for RDdrummer??? Melodies on PVC

twosticks

• Members

I was all ready to come in and put it down. I've heard it before by the blue man group doing the same thing, Anyone that plays marimba could do it, he's got all the notes available, in order, so he can literally read music and play it..Why is it worth over half a million hits and getting national exposure on entertainment news sources?

But I watched it, and I loved it! Sure all the above is true, but it was amazingly creative and fun!

• Members

I've heard the PVC thingy's before...Jim's right...when you set it up like a marimba it's pretty simple. Very nice...remind me to tell you my experiences in percussion workshop in college. We had to invent a percussion instrument as as final project. I, along with partner invented and African marimba out of clay...oo boy was that a riot... This was nice though...entertaining...

• Members

Yep, the set up is just like any marimba, vibes, or xylophone. What I liked about it, and what kept me watching for the whole six minutes, was his creative movement between melodies. He didn't merely play a series of popular songs, one after another. He found interesting ways to move from one theme to the next.

Archived