How many thrones do you own?

irnbru83

• Members

How many thrones do you own and what are they used for?

Right now I have my Roc-n-Soc for playing in the house and non-smoky bars. Sitting right next to it is my old regular-shaped PDP junk throne that I don't care if it gets inundated with smoke.

One is more comfortable than the other. I'll let you decide.

I have 2. One I use to sit down when I play the drums, the other I use to sit up high when I'm on the computer at school so I can keep an eye on the kiddos..I have no idea what kind they are.

• Members
You'd regret it...

ba7.jpg

This used to be the "in" thing and you can even put your hardware in it...yeah right...try THAT with Titan hardware...

I had one of those! It was blue sparkle to match my drums. It was a gift from my Aunt Joyce (worked at the Covington Rogers factory) when she outfitted my set as Rogers moved to California in the Spring of 69.. Blue sparkle bongos, Rogers soft cases, a complete set of Rogers cymbals (yes, they had their own line of cymbals) and extra hardware.

• Members
You'd regret it...

ba7.jpg

This used to be the "in" thing and you can even put your hardware in it...yeah right...try THAT with Titan hardware...

I can't afford one of those - the canister thrones that match my 60's sky blue pearl luddies go for 500 & up.

• Members

I use a Damico round throne for my playing and a round PDP for my students. It's time for a new one and I don't think Damico is doing thrones anymore so most likely will get a Pork Pie. If I remember right, Damico and Pork Pie designed the throne together. It's like sitting on the sofa.

• Members

I use a Damico round throne for my playing and a round PDP for my students. It's time for a new one and I don't think Damico is doing thrones anymore so most likely will get a Pork Pie. If I remember right, Damico and Pork Pie designed the throne together. It's like sitting on the sofa.

You seem like a professional. I'm not. I'm of the opinion though that your legs should be working not relaxing. You know, hips, blood flow etc.

???

• Members

I have 2 pdp thrones. One is my dedicated drumming throne, and it sticks with my kit as my kit goes from van to show to lockout, etc. The other one I'm sitting on right now: it's my dedicated computer chair for my room. When I moved into the smaller place I'm living in now, the only thing that fit between my bed and desk was a drum throne.

• Members

I have 2 pdp thrones. One is my dedicated drumming throne, and it sticks with my kit as my kit goes from van to show to lockout, etc. The other one I'm sitting on right now: it's my dedicated computer chair for my room. When I moved into the smaller place I'm living in now, the only thing that fit between my bed and desk was a drum throne.

I'm going to give this a try when I get home today. The ol' wooden chair is not comfy after 3 hours of hardcore pwnage.

• Members

I have a roc'n'soc spindle. Don't really need the nitro since I just set it as low as it goes. If I had to do it over again, I would have gotten the Tama 1st chair tho. The seat is more comfy to me.

Archived