Wanna see a cymbal hit in HD slow motion?

thefyn

• Members

I thought some of you guys would get a kick out of the visuals of what goes on in slow motion when you play. There is a stick break at 10 seconds, and a cymbal hit wobble at the end.

Click on the HD tab at the bottom right of the video pane:

[video=youtube;dQoQgpMooyY]

On the stick break, check out the trail of wood particles that looks like a booster as the stick is propelled.

The end cymbal, it looks like a living thing.

• Members

i forgot to ask. I thought only super high speed cameras could do that.

Yep, the camera was the same one used on mythbusters, sports science, national geographic etc. All pointed at us idiots.

• Members

Fantastic... I had strapped a small "go" camera to my head during practice once, the same they use on reality shows. Where did you get a slow mo cam like that? Aren't they super expensive to rent?

I was lucky enough to borrow one. Nerve wracking having something that expensive and being responsible for it.

• Members

Very cool man.. But no WAY was he using that mic while recording that tune.. Ok maybe while recording but not live recording lol..

I am the singer/guitarist. That mic was used through the whole thing for the vocals, layered with an SM58 for the backing. It's a cheap mic but I likes it. It's at the higher (sic) end of the Nady family. I like the sybilance it gives off. Sounds vintageish.."SSeeds I've SSewn" I have a nice AKG I could have used but it is the little mic that could. It also hides some of the "problem area" (my face) for the video.

It was all pre recorded on a little room I turned into a project studio. I have a vocal booth taking up half of it. haha

Archived