I passed up Starclassics for Stage Customs.

Cratz

• Members

They gave me the goddamn runaround AGAIN today. I was told a "christmas shipment" was coming in and they'd call me when the kit was ready, decided to call them myself after wasting three hours waiting for the call only to be told by someone else that there was never a shipment coming in.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

...Still isn't here.

I told the guy to be real with me, and pretty much all I got was "I'm thinking wednesday." A week and a half after his original latest predicted date. I've been holding on because I don't want to repeat the waiting process somewhere else, but if it isn't here on friday, I'm demanding a refund.

• Members

...Still isn't here.

I told the guy to be real with me, and pretty much all I got was "I'm thinking wednesday." A week and a half after his original latest predicted date. I've been holding on because I don't want to repeat the waiting process somewhere else, but if it isn't here on friday, I'm demanding a refund.

• Members

Is this an indie shop or chain?
If its a chain, the guy COULD track down the shipment details and get you a solid enough estimate for delivery.
If its an indie...maybe he could, maybe not.

Sounds like whatever the case, you're getting played, and nobody really knows one way or the other; they're just spewing out dates and crossing fingers.

• Members

Is this an indie shop or chain?
If its a chain, the guy COULD track down the shipment details and get you a solid enough estimate for delivery.
If its an indie...maybe he could, maybe not.

Sounds like whatever the case, you're getting played, and nobody really knows one way or the other; they're just spewing out dates and crossing fingers.

• Members

Sounds like the old "how many balls can you juggle" runaround. Vendors won't release merchandise until the shop pays their past-due bills, so the shop is usnig as many stall tactics as they know. It's a tough situation for the drum shop to be in, but by the same token, you shouldn't have to suffer because of their mistakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took your deposit, and paid off some other manufacturer to get a bigger order released, and now they gotta sell off that stuff to make a payment to Yamaha to get your stuff released.

• Members

Sounds like the old "how many balls can you juggle" runaround. Vendors won't release merchandise until the shop pays their past-due bills, so the shop is usnig as many stall tactics as they know. It's a tough situation for the drum shop to be in, but by the same token, you shouldn't have to suffer because of their mistakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took your deposit, and paid off some other manufacturer to get a bigger order released, and now they gotta sell off that stuff to make a payment to Yamaha to get your stuff released.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mraia3 View Post
Actually, while this sucks, it doesnt sound terribly out of the ordinary. Consider the time of year. I would hate to see you have to start all over again.
Give it till Wednesday and then reassess, if you want. Thats my take.
I can understand a holiday slowdown, but the repeated lies are getting to me. These guys have been in business for a while; they couldn't possibly be this incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by the DW View Post

I would probably have the urge to murder someone if I found that this was the case.

Eh, whatever happened, they have until friday. If the cymbals I ordered online (10 days after I ordered the kit) get here first, I'm done with this store.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mraia3 View Post
Actually, while this sucks, it doesnt sound terribly out of the ordinary. Consider the time of year. I would hate to see you have to start all over again.
Give it till Wednesday and then reassess, if you want. Thats my take.
I can understand a holiday slowdown, but the repeated lies are getting to me. These guys have been in business for a while; they couldn't possibly be this incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by the DW View Post

I would probably have the urge to murder someone if I found that this was the case.

Eh, whatever happened, they have until friday. If the cymbals I ordered online (10 days after I ordered the kit) get here first, I'm done with this store.

• Members

Drums came in on Thursday. Turns out the guy was full of {censored} about the aquarian heads, they shipped with yamaha stock heads. I'm getting a set of evans for 1/2 price tomorrow, though. Full setup tomorrow; the rest of my kit is in Galveston (I'm in Houston).

1z494s7.jpg

• Members

Drums came in on Thursday. Turns out the guy was full of {censored} about the aquarian heads, they shipped with yamaha stock heads. I'm getting a set of evans for 1/2 price tomorrow, though. Full setup tomorrow; the rest of my kit is in Galveston (I'm in Houston).

1z494s7.jpg

• Members

Definitely getting a 14" FT and black hardware for the kit. All together, it should run me about $400. Last time I'm bumping the thread, I'll post the full setup in the appropriate thread. Thanks for all the advice and comments, guys.

Archived