Arejay Hale

bluesfella

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear View Post
Same ole crap SC.
Yep it really is. You throw your opinion about subjective issues, around as if it were some kind of fact, but basically you are just being an asshole. Then you get all butt hurt because people call you out for being an asshole. As if what you are saying has some inherent truth to it and you are amazed everyone else can't see it. But it's YOU dude. Really. It's YOU.

I mean look at your first post. Did you respond to the OP in any sort of adult and respectful way? No. You just made points about "technique" which is something he never even mentioned in the first place. You just attacked him and tried to make him feel like he was stupid and ignorant for liking what he likes. Rather than even trying to be the LEAST bit polite and saying "I don't really like that, I prefer this kind of thing". Nope. You just went straight to asshole mode. Cause that's who you are. Attacking the OP, attacking some drummer out there who's just trying to entertain people at a gig, simply because YOU don't like it.

Haha...and then you follow me around to other boards all butt hurt trying to provoke me....as I said....you're pathetic.

Now go call the mods like the whiner you are, complaining that I called you an asshole. I guess I should write it like this...a$$h*l@...so I don't get threatened with a banning for stating the truth. lol. Whatever.

• Members
Not that it's NYE but given you addressed me directly ...

The two are apples and oranges. You can like or dislike either or neither but the body of musical accomplishment tends to override any references to the guy being good. Still waiting on your drums? The principle is the same.
What?

• Members
Not that it's NYE but given you addressed me directly ...

The two are apples and oranges. You can like or dislike either or neither but the body of musical accomplishment tends to override any references to the guy being good. Still waiting on your drums? The principle is the same.
What?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

1001 gear, I like all the arguments you have against the guy. If he's inspring enough to me to actually start thinking about learning to drum myself, how bad can he be? I've listened to many hours of rock music throughout my life, but until I saw and heard this guy, it made me want to learn the drums. I don't care if there are drummers out there who have better technique or whatever. I'm sure there are and I ain't denying that. But this guy is an inspiration to me, man, I think he's awesome. Please allow me to think that.

Drumming aside...

You can say whatever you want about that band, but you can't say that their success came from marketing. One of the reasons I dig them is that they came up the hard way. They played {censored}ty clubs for years and really made a name for themselves by rocking out and being good at it. It's a real rock band in every sense of the word. 

I went to a show last year on their first headlining tour in Europe. It was a tiny venue that could hardly fit 200 people. I was 5 feet away from the stage and they were nothing short of an oiled machine. They gave away a fantastic show with the same energy as I saw in videos where they were in front of a crowd of 50.000. Now that's a real rock band. 

And Lizzy in incredibly hot for real.

• Members

bluesfella wrote:

1001 gear, I like all the arguments you have against the guy. If he's inspring enough to me to actually start thinking about learning to drum myself, how bad can he be? I've listened to many hours of rock music throughout my life, but until I saw and heard this guy, it made me want to learn the drums. I don't care if there are drummers out there who have better technique or whatever. I'm sure there are and I ain't denying that. But this guy is an inspiration to me, man, I think he's awesome. Please allow me to think that.

Drumming aside...

You can say whatever you want about that band, but you can't say that their success came from marketing. One of the reasons I dig them is that they came up the hard way. They played {censored}ty clubs for years and really made a name for themselves by rocking out and being good at it. It's a real rock band in every sense of the word. 

I went to a show last year on their first headlining tour in Europe. It was a tiny venue that could hardly fit 200 people. I was 5 feet away from the stage and they were nothing short of an oiled machine. They gave away a fantastic show with the same energy as I saw in videos where they were in front of a crowd of 50.000. Now that's a real rock band. 

And Lizzy in incredibly hot for real.

Stars are often a wreck of compromises for that one picture in the fans eye. Not my field at all. I listen for music and quality of accomplishment first. If tv programming were like live rock, The masses would go back to evolving.

You like RJ? I can't alter my analysis of the ilk - there's untended talent out there that can very easily get lost on the mediocre and never be.  But you're welcomed to knock yourself out.

Archived