The Voice

staticsound

• Members

I'm hooked on The Voice too. I really like the battle rounds; they're fun to watch. I felt bad for Tyler too, but Patrick is like the total package from a marketing standpoint.., but yeah, I don't think Blake should have paired them up together.

As a side note...I'm back! Hopefully this time for good. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I'm hooked on The Voice too. I really like the battle rounds; they're fun to watch. I felt bad for Tyler too, but Patrick is like the total package from a marketing standpoint.., but yeah, I don't think Blake should have paired them up together.

As a side note...I'm back! Hopefully this time for good.
:)

Wow.. Beach1, you're back! :eek:

We thought you disappeared or something. Anyway, welcome back! :wave:

• Members

To continue the disscussion about unfair judging..

I just seen James Durbin get the boot form american idol.. These so called talent shows are really unpredictable. Smh
:facepalm:

So now we a re left with a cute kid, a country dude who sings sideways, and a girl that thinks she is great but is very anoying! I hope the cute kid wins, at least she is a sweat heart!

Rod

• Members

To continue the disscussion about unfair judging..

I just seen James Durbin get the boot form american idol.. These so called talent shows are really unpredictable. Smh
:facepalm:

You are forgetting, American Idol is a popularity contest, not a talent show...

• Members

When they pair the singers up, they HAVE to be thinking first "These are the final 4 I want". And then "Now, I just pair each of my final 4 with the bottom 4, and choose the one I want each time."

That's why I was pretty sure Tyler was going to lose out, no matter what. Blake can't deal with Tyler, and he chose the country guy to go against him cause he was sure to keep him anyway.

That was the only decision I though was total horse {censored}. OF COURSE the country douche is going to pick the country douche, even though everyone else was saying Tyler did a better job. ARRGGGG!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Javier used to be the lead singer for The Derek Trucks Band. He can sing anything, and just has a tremendous voice. Although it doesn't really matter at this point who wins, as all 4 of them are going to have pretty much an equal chance to make it big from this point forward. My guess is that Dia will be the most famous of the bunch in 5 years.

• Members

Man, I dug Cee Lo and Vickie's Pat Benatar cover. I couldn't believe Aguilera picked one of her own tunes for the duet...a little pompous IMO. They're all good, but I agree that it's either gonna be Javier or Dia. I actually liked her original tune, she's got this cool "indie" vibe to her.

• Members

I say that Vicky will be bigger but it's gonna be between Javier and Dia since it's popular vote...whatever the outcome, much better than Idol as far as talent goes but boy did the "coaches" suck when they sang together!!!

Rod

You called it dude, final 2...and of course Javier won. Meh, the general public always goes for "idol" voice.

• Members

Much better than Idol and I like that Carson just anounced the winner with no BS and no sappy video montages...just say who won and move on!!! Javier has been singing in bands for a loooong time in the Boston area, I honestly believe that having to sing in party bands makes you a better singer. When you have to go from Sinatra to Cindy Lauper in a single set, you learn how to use your voice and how to comand a stage, the guy is ready to go!

I still think that years fom now we will be talking about Vicky Martinez, and have forgoten all about Javier or Dia, etc...

Rod

• Members

I knew Javier would win.. If he didnt i would be somewhat shocked..

Totally unfair to have him on tho. Hes basically already made it succesfully but hasn't became a house hold name due to not being promoted commercially.

All nd All this was a Good Show. Im still bent out of shape that Tyler Robinson didnt go thru :facepalm:

• Members

Okay, after tonights show....Beverly absolutely killed it! I've been saying from the auditions she was gold. But I can almost guarantee, since the "public" is voting, Javier is gonna win the damn thing...

Dude, I feel the exact same way!

Beverly is actually one of the most "original" artists I've seen and while Javier may seem to be a carbon copy (albeit a better one) that many RnB acts out there:

he's got "The Voice" (just had to say it) lol!

I'm shocked they picked the soft singing tall girl over Vick but she tanked towards the end and was really really flat! I was shocked.

• Members

Man, I dug Cee Lo and Vickie's Pat Benatar cover. I couldn't believe Aguilera picked one of her own tunes for the duet...a little pompous IMO. They're all good, but I agree that it's either gonna be Javier or Dia. I actually liked her original tune, she's got this cool "indie" vibe to her.

Vickie is the SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII T! She's got that edgy vibe and can't wait to hear what she brings.

Archived