Collaboration - I Dreamed a Dream - Les Miserables

YeahDoIt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey guys, just got back from Zongo Lane and I actually found a whole bunch of Shure SM58. Most of the music shops (Zongo lane is the music district) that had mic had them.

Thanks for the advice guys.^_^.

I'm just about to do my first recordings on it.

• Moderators

Hey guys, just got back from Zongo Lane and I actually found a whole bunch of Shure SM58. Most of the music shops (Zongo lane is the music district) that had mic had them.

Thanks for the advice guys.^_^.

I'm just about to do my first recordings on it.

Nice! Congrats on getting it! :D

How much was it?

And btw.. how are you connecting it to your computer?

• Members

I'm hope so. I did get a receipt but shops in Ghana hate, loathe and above all, despise returns.

Most places just don't do them at all.

I figured it might be stolen or a factory reject cause of some aesthetic problem. I got my Yamaha keyboard from the same area and it was genuine. I get my shoes down the road and they're real too even though they're really cheap compared to actual prices.

Chances are though, that if this shop had fakes. All the other shops in the area will too so I'll have to go to one of the shops run by Lebanese or Indian people. They import everything so everything costs a fortune. I'll be lucky if I get it for under $100 in one of those shops.

Off to the shops!!

• Members

Ugh, you're one of those people that always generalize africa into one big country. there are over 50 countries, and they're all different so don't generalize.

Anyway, I can't buy things online in GHANA.

Firstly no website takes a Ghanaian bank card even though we have Standard Chartered and Barclay's here.

And next to no website will ship to GHANA which is why I wont be using anyone else's credit card.

• Members

Why am I not surprised..............

I didn't want to dislike you,

I'd noticed in the past that you can be blunt, abrupt and sometimes, plain rude.

People said you were like that most of the time. I didn't think people could be that bad.

I've sat back and watched your quarrel with beach and it has shown me what a

plain and common ASS you can be.

Why was that picture necessary? Does it make you feel better, now that you've

shown me how ignorant, obtuse and dense you are??

• Members

It's actually quite offensive and because a large portion of America actually believes that kind of thing, I couldn't be sure you weren't one of them.

Everyone knows the "Americans are fat" stereotype is just that, a stereotype, not true. It is a joke.

But people actually think that Africa is still a jungle. One can even tell that that graph was made by an American because there are next to no tigers in Africa. We've got lions though.

I've chatted to people online who were amazed to find out that I was using a laptop. A friend of mine came across some who was shocked that we had computers even though they were chatting ONLINE!!

What did these people have in common? They were American.

They actually believe the whole jungle idea so it is offensive because coming from most Americans, it's not a joke.

• Members

Amusing? Come on, jvardon had just stated he felt disrespected by the image and still find it amusing? :facepalm:

I know how frustrating is not being able to get all the gear like you guys in the us can...I live in Mexico, and even though we are so near it's really hard to get some brands around here :mad:

• Members

lol, no comedian would have a job if no one took offense at anything.

that graphyic is hilarious. i showed it to someone I know who is African and LIVES in Kenya, and he made it his profile pic on facebook.

it's even funnier b/c tigers don't even live in africa. lolol

• Members

Even here in Australia it's annoying sometimes. We can get pretty much all the same gear, but it's about 10 x the price of the US...and even if we try and get around that and order online from America, they charge us billions in postage costs!

i can export stuff to you. i will only charge a 5x commission for my services!!! let me know.

Archived