A really bad song from me...listen with ear muffs

grace_slick

• Members

there's a song in this thread.

get a progression down on the piano, something nice and simple, move through solid chords on a piano or using any of the flash based song-makers found online.

... I (rest)

Da da da - da Da da - da Da da - da Da da - and I (rest)

Da da da - da Da da - da Da da - da Da da - and I (rest)

etc

so each line ends musically with the beginning of the next line autobiographically, fill in the blanks with straight 12 syllable sentences that talk about the universallity of insecurity, love, loss, etc.

write 3 of these verses, sing the first two as you would, then take the third up a key. if you like that, write a chorus. done.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, ok. Thanks for that. I’m not really listening though. I still want to make music and sing even if you think I shouldn’t.

I deleted that song I did that I thought sucked and some other things I didn’t find useful or particularly good.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't sing, just don't expect to land a gig with a band or anything (or take a possible gig from a singer who can really sing).

I checked out a few of your tunes, not bad but not great, if we were auditioning for another female lead, we'd probably have to pass on you due to the lack of voice and lack of confidence. You gotta OWN it when you do it.....

Keep practicing......

• Members

Hmm. So what kind of voice would you ideally want a female singer in your band to have, Iamtheblues?

I don’t want to audition for gigs with bands anyway. I too can’t see myself singing like that. I want to do my own stuff, where imperfections and interesting shortcomings are better tolerated and even appreciated.

In any case…thanks again for your feedback. I certainly know I’m not that good despite what the majority of lovely people on here and other forums say. Your perhaps more realistic comments show at least someone has ears, besides my own, that dislike my voice. Lol.

(thanks Johnny) 

• Members

Well...it's in a name...You're the blues....:poke:

Stick to being a douche somewhere else:thu:

Just calling it like I hear it babe.

Sorry I'm not a fanboi like most others around here who think by being overly complimentary will ensure a shot at getting in the pants (anyone with a half-decent set of ears can tell her voice is weak at best). If the singer in question were male, I doubt everyone would be falling over themselves like they are doing.

• Members

Sorry I'm not a fanboi like most others around here who think by being overly complimentary will ensure a shot at getting in the pants (anyone with a half-decent set of ears can tell her voice is weak at best). If the singer in question were male, I doubt everyone would be falling over themselves like they are doing.

i think you're approaching her voice in a setting of music that you like, or that you like to hear.

Chances are that.. everyone is not going to like the same types of sounds you like, while her voice could use improvement, as is I think it's more than usable for my particular musical style, my genre of choice..which apposed to your probable opinion has more than a couple fans. Indie/alt/shoegaze.

Certainly some people are hyping her up because she is a girl, I, myself am usually biased against female vocals in any given situation minus a few synthpop acts. However, you are going above and beyond discrediting her voice altogether when it is not due.

:idk:

• Members

I don't see anywhere in the fine print or otherwise

where it states your opinion was solicited or valued by anyone in this thread?

With all due respect (that you haven't even earned in this forum)

WGAS what you think? (Besides yourself?)

I'd love to know your credentials that allow your flamboyant mouth

to erroneously run rampant without any sort of a substantial shred of validity...

I can't tell by your sensitive self projection of yourself if you're a boy or girl

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

It sounds like you are suppressing some anger issues and have every intention of (attempting) to break a singer who's talent clearly pisses you off. (Did a thread you started at the Political Party section get deleted?)

I'd love someone (like you) to give us a sample of your voice in the form of a clip (since its only fair Grace has obliged us many times with her voice for all to hear).......

Since it is a clear indication you love to chime in with your opinions...

Post a clip of your voice, please. Someone (such as yourself) with

"half-decent" ears should be able to post an example of what a woman vocalist should be.....

I'll be waiting....

tick

tock..

• Members
i

Certainly some people are hyping her up because she is a girl, I, myself am usually biased against female vocals in any given situation minus a few synthpop acts. However, you are going above and beyond discrediting her voice altogether when it is not due.

:idk:

Exactly...
Except that I find her voice to be soothing, original and do not detect
contrivances I hear in almost every other voice I've heard on this forum.

This lowly steaming cess pool of craptastic dung has made it personal:idea:
Why?

Jealousy comes to mind.

• Members

I = 20 times. This is why
I
never bother to read 90% of your posts and why
I
never bother to listen. You constantly talk about yourself and phish for compliments. It just gets old after a while.

Let me ask you something...

What is/was the point for saying that?

I'm all for criticism that betters someone, but then there are these little gems that do NOTHING constructive, but hurt people.

Is it your intent to do this?

If so? You're a dick.

If not? Care to think twice about what you say towards others?

DO you care, that you may be doing this?

If so? Look deep inside your mind, and ask yourself the number one top reason WHY people post clip threads to begin with? Yeah, exactly.

They do it because they want honest criticism that will make them a better singer, and the world will be a better place right? No. BULL{censored}!!!!

Most every singer does so because they lack peers who can give honest compliments because those peers are tone deaf, and nothing more builds confidence that compliments....especially when those compliments come from singers that consider themselves wanting to pursue singing...

Now, if you are a seasoned gigging front man or woman...

You are WAY ahead of the curve, because Grace has already said

she hasn't even touched the waters of gigging...

Being an insensitive prick, to someone with obvious talent sends the wrong message, IMO.

Nothing a PM wouldn't cure or resolve.

Airing out your feelings in this way just outed you as a Grace Slick

opponent...Is that what you want?

• Members

Iamtheblues, my voice is weak at BEST? What would you call it at WORST, just out of interest? I know it needs work and isn’t ideal by any means, but I doubt anyone of the singers I admire has the “perfect” voice. Kate Bush, Stevie Nicks, Grace Slick, Regina Spektor…they’ve all got unique voices with good points and limitations and flaws that make them who they are.

Also, surely my “fanboi” followers would realise by now that there is no chance of getting into pants of mine, as I am gay. Also, some of the complimentary people over time have been women, who are straight, so also no chance of pants-getting there, lol.

I also do agree though that 80% of the positive comments would not exist were I a guy.

Thank you Voltaire! That’s what I think too. Everyone’s musical and vocal tastes are different.

And thank you m3at. I appreciate your comments.

Johnny, I wonder if the people who don’t like me will now lash out at my “fanbois” who are “defending” me in their eyes. *groan*

I’m over it. But I don’t really care anymore. It’s not important.

• Members

Ah, {censored} 'em. Let them say whatever they want. Ignorance will shut its own mouth in time. :)

The people who are actually listening instead of being stuck up our own asses know your voice. I thought my reply went through on the other thread about our song, but I looked at school and it hadn't. So I'll just say it now.

I really do look forwards to our collaboration, but take as much time as you need. I understand that you've got your stuff going on, and I'm eager to hear all of it! Love the crazy sorts of sounds your going for, and if I can ever be of any help to you, I'd be more than happy to.

The new songs on soundclick are great!! :thu:

I also do agree though that 80% of the positive comments would not exist were I a guy.

If you could sing the way you do and be a guy at the same time, I'd only be more amazed! I know I'd never be able to hit those notes or have your timbre and tonality.

• Members

I know exactly what you mean. I hate when I get done slaving over some little bit that I think could be really good, only for it to be a 30 second soundclip that I can do nothing with. But I do really dig the kind of stuff it is; just freaky and out there. :D Especially the blues song sounded cool. [distorted voice into a reverb is great] And I've started noticing how your usage of reverb has been changing over time. You sound great with or without, but it really does sort of feel like I'm in the room and it's reverberating off of a high ceiling or Church walls. Tasty! :thu:

• Members
Iamtheblues, my voice is weak at BEST? What would you call it at WORST, just out of interest? I know it needs work and isn’t ideal by any means, but I doubt anyone of the singers I admire has the “perfect” voice. Kate Bush, Stevie Nicks, Grace Slick, Regina Spektor…they’ve all got unique voices with good points and limitations and flaws that make them who they are.

Also, surely my “fanboi” followers would realise by now that there is no chance of getting into pants of mine, as I am gay. Also, some of the complimentary people over time have been women, who are straight, so also no chance of pants-getting there, lol.

Thank you Voltaire! That’s what I think too. Everyone’s musical and vocal tastes are different.

And thank you m3at. I appreciate your comments.

Johnny, I wonder if the people who don’t like me will now lash out at my “fanbois” who are “defending” me in their eyes. *groan*

I’m over it. But I don’t really care anymore. It’s not important.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Members

I've just read through this thread and just want to say: anyone who'd say your voice is "weak at best" is a) a troll b) a silly child trying to sound cool or c) someone who really took you at your word and listened with ear muffs!

And, no, I have no interest in "getting into your pants" - you're gay and I'm happily married to a wonderful woman - but I'd definitely be interested in hearing you cover some of my tunes someday. I can sing a little, but I love hearing really good voices on my songs.

• Members

I've just read through this thread and just want to say: anyone who'd say your voice is "weak at best" is
a)
a troll
b)
a silly child trying to sound cool
or c)
someone who really took you at your word and listened with ear muffs!

And, no, I have no interest in "getting into your pants" - you're gay and I'm happily married to a wonderful woman - but I'd definitely be interested in hearing you cover some of my tunes someday. I can sing a little, but I love hearing really good voices on my songs.

Yup:thu:

See Grace!

Archived