A really bad song from me...listen with ear muffs

grace_slick

• Members

Although, if you do actually start doing some songs of your own or something... maybe leave out the running commentary on your vocal performances. Might kinda spoil the feeling of the song a bit.
:o:lol:

Yeah, I was feeling a pretty good vibe, then suddenly hear, "THAT SUCKED!". :freak:

Kind of "harshed my buzz" there. :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AWW, I only said it cause it really did suck! lol

Ok, here it is...the funny joke one.

"Maria" from The Sound of Music...LMAO. This is my farewell to posting clips until I have done some damn songs of my own, ok? As Count Rob said on one of these threads, I have to do something real here...

www.soundclick.com/germpatterson

• Members

Although, if you do actually start doing some songs of your own or something... maybe leave out the running commentary on your vocal performances. Might kinda spoil the feeling of the song a bit.
:o:lol:

I know. I never used to do that...except on joke things like Cookie Monster and Krusty and stuff...I saw this as impossible (today) to do well, so...it became a non-serious clip. And the next one (Maria) is a joke too, of course.

I have to start being serious now...lightening up on myself and relaxing...and getting serious with my music. Yep.

• Members

AWW, I only said it cause it really did suck! lol

Ok, here it is...the funny joke one.

"Maria" from The Sound of Music...LMAO. This is my farewell to posting clips until I have done some damn songs of my own, ok? As Count Rob said on one of these threads, I have to do something real here...

www.soundclick.com/germpatterson

Oh for {censored}'s sake, Grace. :lol:

I get the feeling if you put an album out, it'd be a bizarre mixture of :love:, :cool:, :confused:, :lol: and just plain :freak:.

• Members

Yes, after hearing the earlier version, I know you can do a little better.

But I still liked it enough to download.
:o

Thank you for being honest. I just don't feel right today. Mentally or physically (see other thread for stupid behaviour last night and throat/cough issues today)

• Members

What, didn't ya like my lovely Maria song!?!? lol

At least I didn't ruin it with talking!!...

...am I becoming totally obnoxious? lol

Well, I laughed my arse off if that counts for anything. :lol:

And no, I wouldn't say anywhere near becoming obnoxious. If you were doing all this with 100% seriousness, then it might be a bit much. :o

• Members

Ok good. lol. It's harder to tell when people are fooling around online, you know? I am definitely NOT serious.

Underneathe all the joking though, I am. I use the jokes as a deflection for my own insecurities and fears that I truly do suck. But meh.

I laughed at myself when I played back the Maria song. LOL

• Members

Ok good. lol. It's harder to tell when people are fooling around online, you know? I am definitely NOT serious.

Underneathe all the joking though, I am. I use the jokes as a deflection for my own insecurities and fears that I truly do suck. But meh.

I laughed at myself when I played back the Maria song. LOL

I guessed that all the slipped in "that sucked" and such was a bit of insecurity, but the Maria song was quite obviously just you being silly.

Still... get some stuff together and work your way past the insecurities. You've got a great voice, so it sucks for that to be held back. If you play around with writing and recording, i.e. as opposed to jumping up in front of a bunch of people and going for it, you might be able to work up your confidence a bit on your own. And then you can jump up in front of a bunch of people and be all, "Bow before my diva greatness!" ;)

• Members

I know you don't know me from Adam, Grace. But if you want some criticism from a stranger, here it is.

This whole thread annoys me. I can't STAND it when someone that's really, really good at something goes around saying how much 'I suck, oh I'm terrible, I suck at [insert whatever here]'.

I certainly don't think your recording was perfect, and I can hear room for improvement. But you have a lovely voice, and lambasting yourself for being so terrible first of all makes anyone without as good a voice that's struggling feel even worse. And secondly, it just feels like the person doing it is fishing for a compliment. That kind of ego massaging really hinders personal growth, because it deflects honest criticism ('I don't want to tell the person that thinks (s)he is soooo terrible about the one tiny thing that I think needs improvement because they'll be just crushed'). I think that is part of the reason why people (probably subconsciously) do it.

My two cents. Best of luck.

• Members

What?? Horse noises? Not that I’m aware of!! LMAO. Just weird voices. And heheh, I never thought of Ralph Wiggum till now, but I can hear it. lol.

Uh…mockhole or whatever your name is, I hear your point, and that would annoy me too, but

(1) I have come to be able to more easily accept people’s support and complimentary feedback over my time here, and did previously almost stop being so down on myself until lately, when I am going through a mid-voice crisis kind of thing. lol. This is why I’m not posting anymore clips. As I said, my berating myself isn’t helping me or anyone else here so I’m not doing it anymore and am concentrating on making my own music instead.

(2) This song really DID suck. I know of course that not ALL of my songs suck. I didn’t say that.

I am aware of the fishing for compliments thing. This is also why I’m stepping back and not posting anymore clips. I can’t base my self esteem in terms of my vocal ability purely on feedback. I need to make it on my own, do my own songs, and improve and develop my own self esteem from within.

I do think some of my previous clips were a lot better than the one I referred to as terrible though. River I quite like. Clowns is ok. Stuff like that. I don’t think sucks. So…I don’t think ALL my stuff sucks.

Again, I appreciate your point, but perhaps you’d need to read EVERYTHING before you jump on the fishing for compliments bandwagon. 

• Members

What?? Horse noises? Not that
I
’m aware of!! LMAO. Just weird voices. And heheh,
I
never thought of Ralph Wiggum till now, but
I
can hear it. lol.

Uh…mockhole or whatever your name is,
I
hear your point, and that would annoy me too, but

(1)
I
have come to be able to more easily accept people’s support and complimentary feedback over my time here, and did previously almost stop being so down on myself until lately, when
I
am going through a mid-voice crisis kind of thing. lol. This is why
I
’m not posting anymore clips. As
I
said, my berating myself isn’t helping me or anyone else here so
I
’m not doing it anymore and am concentrating on making my own music instead.

(2) This song really DID suck.
I
know of course that not ALL of my songs suck.
I
didn’t say that.

I
am aware of the fishing for compliments thing. This is also why
I
’m stepping back and not posting anymore clips.
I
can’t base my self esteem in terms of my vocal ability purely on feedback.
I
need to make it on my own, do my own songs, and improve and develop my own self esteem from within.

I
do think some of my previous clips were a lot better than the one
I
referred to as terrible though. River
I
quite like. Clowns is ok. Stuff like that.
I
don’t think sucks. So…
I
don’t think ALL my stuff sucks.

Again,
I
appreciate your point, but perhaps you’d need to read EVERYTHING before you jump on the fishing for compliments bandwagon. 

I = 20 times. This is why I never bother to read 90% of your posts and why I never bother to listen. You constantly talk about yourself and phish for compliments. It just gets old after a while.

• Members

WOAH! I had NO idea you felt that way, Dthraco! I’m sorry. (there’s that “I” again)

Mochkol’s post was about ME, so I responded using *I*, funnily enough.

And also funnily enough, most if not all of my threads/posts are also about me. Who else would they be about? Do you tend to post about other people? If you’ll note (which you probably don’t as you don’t read my posts anymore), I DO also respond regularly to other people’s posts, giving feedback on their vocal clips and such. Giving MY opinion, from ME.

• Members

Uh…mockhole or whatever your name is,

Alright, now I went from being annoyed with this thread to being annoyed with you. My name is IN PRINT in the post right above the one I quoted, but you couldn't bother to get it right, and come up with 'mockhole' instead? That's like me calling you 'grace_bag', or 'dip_slick', isn't it? Geez.

(though I have to admit that 'dip_slick' is making me giggle a little).

• Members

WOAH! I had NO idea you felt that way, Dthraco! I’m sorry. (there’s that “I” again)

Mochkol’s post was about ME, so I responded using *I*, funnily enough.

And also funnily enough, most if not all of my threads/posts are also about me. Who else would they be about? Do you tend to post about other people? If you’ll note (which you probably don’t as you don’t read my posts anymore), I DO also respond regularly to other people’s posts, giving feedback on their vocal clips and such. Giving MY opinion, from ME.

You do give responses to other forum members, and that's great. But instead of only giving some frank honest advice or encouragement, you turn the spotlight back on yourself. After a while it just gets old, and annoying.

As mockhoi noted, your backlash included mispelling his alias in a negative way when you felt attacked. Not cool.

Look, all I am trying to say is your constant need to have the spotlight shine on you is tiresome. You are in almost every thread, at least 3-4 times re-directing the spotlight back at yourself. I don't think you are a bad person, you just have some serious self confidence issues.

Do what you want, but I know I would be less annoyed if you could just contribute without always turning the attention back to yourself. (in other threads that are not directly about you, this one is about you.)

• Members

Ok, I see what you mean. I'll admit this has been a problem in other areas of my life too, and I feel bad about it. I also tend to forget / not notice I do it. It's really not intentional. I guess I tend to think that sometimes (not always though) sharing your own thoughts and experiences on another's issue or opinion is useful...

And I'm sorry, Mockchoi. I wasn't entirely serious when I got your name wrong. I was just fooling around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived