Well...the first one of my high school friends got married

leepmeister

• Members

I'm 26.

Of my high school friends that I still keep in contact with, one is married, one is unmarried with children, one is soon to be divorced, and one is in the Engagement that Time Forgot.

Still more of them live with their SO's and they have managed to not kill one another thus far. Scarily enough, I have a few friends that are my age and still live with their parents... goodness knows I couldn't have done that!

• Members

Originally posted by StevieMac

Excellent advice Bluesman!

I got married at 25, my wife was 21. We've been married 14 years and couldn't be happier. We chose not to have kids and we still don't really feel "all grown up" in the same way our friends with kids do.

I'm with you. I'm 28 and engaged, getting married next May. We chose not to have kids either. I see all my friends that have kids and how they have no lives, can't do anything they want, can't travel, can't go out on a weekend, etc.. F-that. We want to enjoy life, travel, and retire early. Not having children makes you stay young a lot longer. I have a buddy thats also 28 and I swear that he looks like he's in his 40's because of the lack of sleep and having to work his ass off to support his family.

• Members

Originally posted by SA Rios

I'm with you. I'm 28 and engaged, getting married next May. We chose not to have kids either. I see all my friends that have kids and how they have no lives, can't do anything they want, can't travel, can't go out on a weekend, etc.. F-that. We want to enjoy life, travel, and retire early. Not having children makes you stay young a lot longer. I have a buddy thats also 28 and I swear that he looks like he's in his 40's because of the lack of sleep and having to work his ass off to support his family.

Congrats on your upcoming marriage! Best of luck to both of you.

When I was about 11 I had this friend, his Dad and uncle both had the exact same jobs and the uncle lived with my friend

Archived