New bass at Rondo

Gaui

• Members

I think SX makes a great bass for the money. I had a Fender 72' J bass for years. I recently bought the short scale SX P bass copy from Rhondo and love it. I switched to playing short scale basses because they're lighter and more comfortable for me. Enjoy. Jeff

• Members

I like the inlays too. Rondo site says the are vintage pearloid inlays. I like the looks alot. It's interesting that the headstock is the old shape. I wonder if they are actually shipping like that since I beleive rondo/SX changed the shape to avoid any potential entanglements with Fender.

Headstocks.jpg

If it's old style would be sweet to pick up and do a little custom work to the body.

• Members

It's funny you should mention the headstocks. I really like the look of the new one. Mine came with the old one. The large hook and sharp corners looked really big and out of proportion on my short scale bass, so I sanded them down some. It looks a lot better now. I may even work on it a little more and try to get it to look like an old telecaster bass headstock.

• Members

Originally posted by Jeff Cooperman

It's funny you should mention the headstocks. I really like the look of the new one. Mine came with the old one. The large hook and sharp corners looked really big and out of proportion on my short scale bass, so I sanded them down some. It looks a lot better now. I may even work on it a little more and try to get it to look like an old telecaster bass headstock.

You want to hear something kind of ironic. You mentioned the Sx short scale P bass. Well I just ordered one last Friday for grins. I asked Kurt which headstock they had and he said the old. That's my preference anyways so if I take a liking to it I'm planning on doing some mods to have something a little different.

• Members

At that price I had no reservations about messing around with the sander. Hell I've even thought about hollowing out some cavities under the pickguard to make it even lighter. FYI Fender P- bass perloid pickguard doesn't fit. But it does sound great with flat wounds. Bye.

Archived