Poll: How many times a day does your boss catch you reading HC?

leepmeister

• Members

I'm doing my work...which consists of placing probes on a silicon wafer and pulsing circuit components until they break...

But while the tests are running, I COULD be reading more about circuit design (this is an internship afterall)...

But I spend about half that time on here. I don't THINK my boss minds...much.

And to answer my own poll...1-2.

• Members

None. It happened once or twice over the years, but not often. My office is all the way at the end of the room opposite the door. I can hear people as they walk towards me. Once someone gets close enough, I know they must be coming to see me and I toggle to something work related. Voila!!! See how hard I'm working!!! :D

• Members

er.. haven't been caught yet!

but whilst we're on the topic of people looking over your shoulder.. does anyone get really pissed off when people do that? Like.. lean over your shoulder when you're checking e-mail and stuff and go "who's that? What does that mean? I can't believe you're still talking to ____"

:mad: :mad: it makes me so mad!

• Members

Never. Alt-Tab is my friend and I always make sure it switches to a Word document of some kind of documentation I'm working on ;)

It also helps that my surfing system pretty much faces my cube entrance (so people only see the back of it, not what I'm doing) :D:cool:

It helps that we've got raised floors in here which make a fair amount of noise. I can generally hear people coming before they get into my cube and switch before they get here ;)

• Members

Originally posted by leepmeister

Unfortunately I face the wall...so sneaking up on me is a matter of course (I'm in a big room with lab eqipment everywhere so it also obscures his approach ;-))

you need to set up an elaborate system of mirrors, or maybe webcams...

and alt-tab is your friend. plus playing wierd metal stations keeps the casual walkby to a minimum... and _being_ the production dept means i make the rules back here!

Archived