Hey all. Haven't been here in a while. Lots of new developments!!!!

Navybass

• Members

Well, I haven't been around here much lately. It's been extremely crazy. I've got lots of new things happening.

Right now I'm on my ship on deployment. We're in Thesaloniki Greece. Can't say where we're going next though.

The band is doing great. We've played in every port we stopped in. We've been to Rota Spain, Taranto Italy, Sicily Italy, Gaeta Italy,.

Here we are jamming on the fantail of the ship. When my friend downloads his camera, I'll post more pics.

I'm in the Patriots jersey, the Captain is in the tie-dye shirt.

Mvc-003s.jpg

Mvc-007s.jpg

Mvc-005s.jpg

Mvc-008s.jpg

I got some new gear also. I got rid of the Warwick. Here's all the new stuff I got.

1969 Fender Jazz Bass in Dakota Red.

69jazzfull.jpg

2005 Limited Edition Musicman Stingray

stingray3.jpg

1972 Fender Stratocaster (not a reissue)

bluestrat4.jpg

• Members

Looking Good! Great gear!

So what ship are you stationed on? While I was in, made it to Rota, Gaeta, and Sicily too. Really liked Gaeta. Nice beach! Sicily wasn't bad either. I found Rota to be a spanish version of a navy town... Still that way? Enjoy Greece! Always wanted to get there.

• Members

Another Navy vet here. I'm still with the Navy but as a civilian. I work at Atsugi NAS, but I'll soon be moving to Misawa AB (Air Force and Navy.) Lived there before and loved it, although no Ishibashi music store nearby. :( (But :) for my wallet!)

Looks like a gator you're riding, right?

BTW, why is that guy in pic 3 look like he's getting ready to lob a fastball at your skipper?

• Members

that is very cool that they would let you do something like that while out on deployment (i didnt know you would be allowed to cart that much gear with you - space confines on ships and whatnot)

i am guessing that you arent on a high risk cruise right now, before they let you play on the deck, i cant see a load of guys jamming on deck being a good idea in a warzone...

and sweet gear too

David

Archived