Band Photos

Thunderbroom

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

Is that too cliched though? The brick wall thing has been done to death. There's even a website that makes fun of bands doing just that.

It doesn't have to be a brick wall, it could be a dumpster, a stack of boxes, a parking lot, a hobo, etc.

• Members

I like the thing with the cars.

Just make sure that you know how you feel about featuring some one else's copyrighted artwork as the centerpeice of a text you're producing, and are aware of the complications that something like that interjects (it probably doesn't matter, but leagally it is theft).

• Members

Originally posted by scarecrowbob

I like the thing with the cars.

Just make sure that you know how you feel about featuring some one else's copyrighted artwork as the centerpeice of a text you're producing, and are aware of the complications that something like that interjects (it probably doesn't matter, but leagally it is theft).

Maybe I should email the artist. I'm wondering though...this artwork is located in a stripmall parking lot. Does this change things at all?

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

Maybe I should email the artist. I'm wondering though...this artwork is located in a stripmall parking lot. Does this change things at all?

I think you need to get a waiver from Volkswagon, Chrysler, Ford and GM. :D

• Members

Some of ours that came out really good we did with water behind us; while we were taking promo shots, we had one where we were all crammed onto this little post sticking about twenty feet out of the water. They came out bad though... because none of us trusted another enough to actually be comfortable in that position.

Oh, and no matter how cliche, you have to do a brick wall shot. Pretty much required. :)

I'll post a few of ours when I get home tonight, maybe they'll give you some ideas.

• Members

We took a few photos at my gig this past Saturday. Pretty much a cliche of us standing in an alcove outside beside the bar. Haven't seen them yet, but the guitarist had a pretty wonky "shirt to match his guitar" look going on, so I'm sure we won't use them.

Archived