Famous bass player using the most pedals?

lowbasslowbass

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

I heard the guy from Fishbone had like 15 stompboxes.

I just worked Fishbone at the NorVa a few weeks ago (Excellent show, I designed/ran lighting for them).

He used a Sadowski straight into an SWR rig, no effects at all.

• Members

anyone seen bootsy collings live?

I saw him once and he used three fridge-sized racks and a well oversized floorboard connected to it. I don't know what it was, sounded just like envelope-filters to me.

that was even more than doug wimbish had when I saw him with jungle funk.

...did I mention that bootsy had four output jacks om his bass. that's cool ;-)

• Members

Wimbish uses the most pedals out of any player I know of, famous or not. THe stuff you see him onstage with is about a sixteenth of what he actually owns....

What makes him unique is that he uses the pedals creatively and artistically in a way that is instantly identifiable as Doug's style.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by lingua latina

The answer is Billy Sheehan.

I have a Bass player magazine from a few years back, that compared Billy's & Doug's rigs. They both had almost the same amount of connections. Billy more in the rack and Doug on the floor. I had about the same amount. I can't remember how many, but it was allot.:D

616floor.JPG

• Members

There was a Greg Lake interview in a guitar or bass magazine many years ago and he related a story about how he was doing a sound check and he noticed that one of his foot pedal's indicator light was flashing on and off when he hit certain low bass tones.

He called his tech over to see what was wrong and hit a low note and the tech said the pedal light was okay, but Greg said the light was flashing.

To make a long story short- Greg was standing in front of his mega-watt amp and the sound was causing his eyeballs to dance around in their sockets making the indicator light appear to cycle on and off.

Fame...

Archived