What straps do you prefer?

lowbasslowbass

• Members

Steve "Dude" Barr sells The Perfect Strap by Brooklyn gear. Cost is $50 plus $4 shipping. Comes in Medium, Long, and Extra Long. LINK HERE

If I had heavy basses or I wasn't so cheap, I would get one. But I've got some crappy nylon 2" strap that works for me and I play a fairly light bass, so I don't notice it much.

• Members

Originally posted by illidian

Steve "Dude" Barr sells
The Perfect Strap
by Brooklyn gear. Cost is $50 plus $4 shipping. Comes in Medium, Long, and Extra Long.

If I had heavy basses or I wasn't so cheap, I would get one. But I've got some crappy nylon 2" strap that works for me and I play a fairly light bass, so I don't notice it much.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to have to pick one of those up. I've been using a black ernie ball nylon strap but it digs into my shoulders and I think "the perfect strap" would help stop that.

• Members

The last couple I've bought are Levy's. Good thick and semi padded leather, and nice and wide. I play some heavy basses, and for extended sessions a good strap is a neccessity! The wider the better also...

• Members

Originally posted by SpaceGhost

Thanks for the link, I'm going to have to pick one of those up. I've been using a black ernie ball nylon strap but it digs into my shoulders and I think "the perfect strap" would help stop that.

They look attractive and Dude sells top-notch stuff. If you have any questions, contact him or post on the Dudepit message board .

• Members

both of my main 5ers have 3" planet waves polypropelene straps. $5 each, and durable/comfortable. One bass has an ebay special that sucks, and another has a 2" levys extra long mesh strap. If I need another strap, it'll be the planet waves 3" again.

• Members

Take a gander at www.EyelandEnterprises.com , especially the "BassClef" strap. I've got one & also a "Liverpool." Both are top notch hand-made quality. Seriously nice, seriously comfortable, super well-padded. The "BassClef" is a little pricey but definately worth it. And for value, well...the "Liverpool" is in a class of its own. $40 is almostly obscenely low for what you get. I just hope they don't read this, they'd probably raise the prices, ha.

• Members

Like many here, I use EB straps, but not because of the quality or comfort, but rather, because I'm 6'6" tall, and its the only strap i've found long enough to hold my bass at a comfortable height on my body.

Does anyone know of a better strap company that makes a longer wide strap?

Archived