hasbeen (Roger) and agedhorse (Andy) aren't real!!!

illidian

• Members

Roger and Andy aren't real people. They are secret agents for the FBI trying to get us all to buy Genz-Benz gear, which will destroy your identity after playing the gear. :D

From http://genzbenz.com/?fa=team

group_photo.jpg

Back row (L to R): Amy Lewis, Robert Melendez, Cameron Lenocker, Chris Korelc, Scott Andres, Jim Dolmage

Front row: (L to R): Derrick Manygoats, Jon Willford, Jeff Scritsmier, Rob Mathiasch, Jeff Genzler

What's the real story, guys? :confused:

Roger must've been off travelling and Andy could've been slaving away at our tube amp.

;)

• Members

Originally posted by hasbeen

yeah, I'm on the wrong coast too for the picture.
:(

Maybe they'll photoshop me in.
:D

As far as me being a secret agent, I can't disclose anything further on that.

No wonder you complain about not having any work, your boss is too far away to notice that you aren't doing anything! ;)

How many guys do you have on the East Coast, and why are you guys spread out like that (if you don't mind disclosing Classified information)?

bassman1956 - I agree. We should hunt him down and take pictures of him so we can foil Jeff's plan before he takes over the world! Please wait a minute while I go put on my spandex...

• Members

Originally posted by bassman1956

Damn! Didn't need THAT image!

Well, I'm all suited up. I'll be at your house in five minutes.

Hint: I'm the guy in the Batmobile, wearing a Superman suit.

We've got to save the world!!!

• Members
Originally posted by illidian

No wonder you complain about not having any work, your boss is too far away to notice that you aren't doing anything! ;)

How many guys do you have on the East Coast, and why are you guys spread out like that (if you don't mind disclosing Classified information)?

Kaman Music Corp started working with Genz Benz several years ago and Kaman is in Connecticut. I've been with Kaman for fourteen years. I had been a professional musician for many, many years. Also, I am a SERIOUS amp collector...have many more amps than I do basses. So when we started working with Jeff, because of my background, Kaman asked me to be the Product Manager. Kaman owns and/or distributes Hamer, Ovation and Takamine guitars as well as Latin Percussion, Toca Percussion, Gretch Drums and Gibraltar Drum Hardware. Each company has their own product manager and we're all here at our main office.

Jeff and I are on the phone with eachother probably about three hours a day and many emails on top of that so we're always in touch.

• Members

My office is in CA, it's just too damn hot in Scottsdale for me. 115 degrees is beyond my ability to cope... and don't even think of touching a tool left out in that kind of sun... it will stick to your fingers if you try to pick it up.

Jeff is an old friend of mine... known him for about 20 years or so. I've been designing pro audio gear for a long time, and when Jeff mentioned a desire to expand into amplifiers close to 10 years ago I figured the potential was there and his shop guys are all really nice folks to work with so I bit and the rest is history. It's a good thing that Roger is on the other coast... otherwise I would have twice the "new product" work to do!!!

The industry is not that big, many of us know of each other through work at other companies and through working together on unrelated projects. Sometimes, folks don't realize that there are real people behind all these products... people just like you.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

My office is in CA, it's just too damn hot in Scottsdale for me. 115 degrees is beyond my ability to cope... and don't even think of touching a tool left out in that kind of sun... it will stick to your fingers if you try to pick it up.

Like it's been much better here, recently. :D

• Members

Jeff is an old friend of mine... known him for about 20 years or so. I've been designing pro audio gear for a long time, and when Jeff mentioned a desire to expand into amplifiers close to 10 years ago I figured the potential was there and his shop guys are all really nice folks to work with so I bit and the rest is history. It's a good thing that Roger is on the other coast... otherwise I would have twice the "new product" work to do!!!

The industry is not that big, many of us know of each other through work at other companies and through working together on unrelated projects. Sometimes, folks don't realize that there are real people behind all these products... people just like you.

new product? where's my tube bass amp? ;)

• Members

Kaman Music Corp started working with Genz Benz several years ago and Kaman is in Connecticut. I've been with Kaman for fourteen years. I had been a professional musician for many, many years. Also, I am a SERIOUS amp collector...have many more amps than I do basses. So when we started working with Jeff, because of my background, Kaman asked me to be the Product Manager. Kaman owns and/or distributes Hamer, Ovation and Takamine guitars as well as Latin Percussion, Toca Percussion, Gretch Drums and Gibraltar Drum Hardware. Each company has their own product manager and we're all here at our main office.

Jeff and I are on the phone with eachother probably about three hours a day and many emails on top of that so we're always in touch.

Just to prove that I really do exist...
;)

:eek:

I was expecting a secret agent outfit, and it's a horse costume with some guy standing up top of you! Very secret, indeed. :D

And yes, this heat sucks (105 in California is rediculous). It finally cooled down yesterday after some thunderstorms, it's been bad all summer up until now.

• Members

to prove I exist, here's a pic of the guitarist from Fates Warning sitting on my lap. It was a Christmas part....don't ask.

I guess you both must be real. I thought I was on to something...

• Members

Originally posted by illidian

I guess you both must be real. I thought I was on to something...

Notice that I am not sitting on Roger's lap...:D

Actually, the photo reminded me of something embarrasing that happened outside the hotel at NAMM last year involving Roger (he was the innocent party) and a woman that made a rude (really rude) comment in passing to someone she was with but loud enough that we all clearly heard, then Roger made one of his (typical) smart-assed comments back, and ran with the situation totally (and completely deserved) embarrasing the woman to the point that we were damn near wetting our pants. It was the funniest thing I have seen since college.

I'll let Roger fill in the details if he can be talked into it, but I'll never forget it.

• Members

Notice that I am not sitting on Roger's lap...

Actually, the photo reminded me of something embarrasing that happened outside the hotel at NAMM last year involving Roger (he was the innocent party) and a woman that made a rude (really rude) comment in passing to someone she was with but loud enough that we all clearly heard, then Roger made one of his (typical) smart-assed comments back, and ran with the situation totally (and completely deserved) embarrasing the woman to the point that we were damn near wetting our pants. It was the funniest thing I have seen since college.

I'll let Roger fill in the details if he can be talked into it, but I'll never forget it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in this, Roger.

Archived