UN Ambassador John Bolton

Thunderbroom

• Members
Originally posted by bnyswonger

I've heard him - he's smart alright. He's got himself a syndicated radio show.
:D

But, unfortunately, IMO he's dickhead too...
:(

He reminds of a local guy we've got here - Mike McConnell on WLW - who also likes to pretend that he's an independent thinker...

but if you rub any of 'em real hard beneath that reasonable veneer you'll find angry white guys with fascist leanings.
:p

What is it that you don't like about him? Is it the fact that he sees things how they are? Or is it that he actually has a valid opinion on the state of things?
So because he's independent does that men that he can't agree with anything that the Bush Administration is doing? I always thought that being independent meant that you allowed yourself open to both sides of the debate.
He isnt a puppet like Limbaugh, quite the contrary.

The fascist leanings comment is just ridiculious. So because someones opinion differs from your own does it help to validate your opinion by calling names? Seems a little childish to me. And I'm not sure why you added the white thing in their either. Sounds a little angry if you ask me.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by beam

I live in Mancow land, so I make it a point to always have cds in the car...

Savage is on at night. here he comes on at 9 I believe. I'm sure it's different everywhere because it's live.

That Mancow show in my opinion is awful. He's like a less talented Stern.....and that's not saying a whole lot

• Members
Originally posted by B-Bottom

What is it that you don't like about him? Is it the fact that he sees things how they are? Or is it that he actually has a valid opinion on the state of things?

So because he's independent does that men that he can't agree with anything that the Bush Administration is doing? I always thought that being independent meant that you allowed yourself open to both sides of the debate.

The fascist leanings comment is just ridiculious. So because someones opinion differs from your own does it help to validate your opinion by calling names? Seems a little childish to me. And I'm not sure why you added the white thing in their either. Sounds a little angry if you ask me.

Reread your post & mine and tell me who's angry? :rolleyes:

I just call 'em like I see 'em friend. ;)

• Members

You sure are defensive about someone else's opinion.

• Members

Savage is on at night. here he comes on at 9 I believe. I'm sure it's different everywhere because it's live.

That Mancow show in my opinion is awful. He's like a less talented Stern.....and that's not saying a whole lot

Ahh, okie.

Yea Mancow has degenerated into some writhing mass of libertarian/conservative/facism...and he doesn't even know it. I know, those three things shouldn't go together well, but he pulls it off..

• Members

A couple of things:

One: the conservatives on this board who try and maintain a charade of being middle-of-the-road should just cut the crap, because we're all on to you. We all know you're just Republicans with anti-authority issues, so you feel uncomfortable associating yourselves with a major political party. I don't care if you call yourselves Libertarians, Realists, or Zucchini Bread, you still worship all things money, military, and WASP. Conservatives are your ideological brethren, liberals are your anti-christ. Just admit it and let's all move on.

Two: John Bolton IS anti-UN, and if you don't acknowledge that, you're either misinformed or not paying attention. Please consider this gem from Mr. Bolton during the mid-90's: "There's no such thing as the United Nations. If the UN secretary building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.'' Gee, sounds like Bolton is really committed to a positive sea-change at the UN, eh? Sounds like he doesn't think much of his new appointment.

Three: If Bush has so much disdain for the UN that he would appoint an ambassador that has actively argued that the organization is irrelevant and unworthy of financial support, why can't he just have the balls to tell the UN to {censored} off? All the isolationist, flag-waving yee-haws that support the guy would probably be party-bound, and the rest of us already think Bush is a short-sighted {censored}tard anyway. Bush has already flipped the bird at the rest of the world with the whole "I'm going to plunge the world into a nightmare of train bombings and suicide attacks based on flimsy (and wrong) evidence, regardless of the fact that the rest of the world is (correctly) telling me I've got my head up my ass". Why doesn't he just have the balls to tell the UN and the international community to go {censored} themselves like a real man--he needs to send in Bolton to do a hatchet job on the place instead? Smells like that {censored} Karl Rove's handywork to me.

Four: Hawkhuff is still a mean-spirited dip{censored}. He's the perfect spokesperson for the hard right--representative, irrelevant, wild-eyed, and loony.

Five: Frist was humiliated when he misdiagnosed Terry Schiavo based on watching videotape. His medical credentials (as wella s his common sense) were seriously called into question. This latest attempt to sound off on something htat is widely supported by the medical community is his transparent attempt to regain some stature as a man of medicine. No suprise that he picked an issue on which the American public (and Nancy Reagan) already agree with him. He's setting up a presidential bid...duh...but he's still a bible-beating pansy.

Wow...I'm all full of piss and vinegar today, what?

;)

• Members

Bolton may be the angriest white guy of all. :rolleyes:

Hmmm....here's a guy who's currently under investigation for stroking the fake WMD intelligence and having a hand in delivering Valerie Plame's head.

He's obviously the very best, most qualified candidate to represent the US to the world.

Give me a {censored}ing break. :p

• Members

Actually, I'll give you a real response.

Originally posted by Smorgasboy

]A couple of things:

One: the conservatives on this board who try and maintain a charade of being middle-of-the-road should just cut the crap, because we're all on to you. We all know you're just Republicans with anti-authority issues, so you feel uncomfortable associating yourselves with a major political party. I don't care if you call yourselves Libertarians, Realists, or Zucchini Bread, you still worship all things money, military, and WASP. Conservatives are your ideological brethren, liberals are your anti-christ. Just admit it and let's all move on.

Well, I'm out of that group. I don't have anti-authority issues, I don't worship money, I make it, and I'm not a WASP. Hell, I'm not any religion, but if I was it would have been Catholic as I was raised in the Catholic Church. I don't have an anti-christ, so I guess that part's out too.

I am, however, a conservative economically and for the most part, a liberal socially. I don't think I should have any say about abortion unless it's my child that's going to be aborted. I think we should legalize marajuana. I'm not against gay marriage, just the principle of changing the definition of a word to pacify a small group of people. Let 'em get married, it doesn't affect me at all.

Two: John Bolton IS anti-UN, and if you don't acknowledge that, you're either misinformed or not paying attention. Please consider this gem from Mr. Bolton during the mid-90's: "There's no such thing as the United Nations. If the UN secretary building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.'' Gee, sounds like Bolton is really committed to a positive sea-change at the UN, eh? Sounds like he doesn't think much of his new appointment.

I know he's anti-UN. So am I. I agree with him here. "There's no such thing as the United Nations" is a correct statement. We aren't united. We all have different agendas and interests. Many times conflicting ones. The UN doesn't really do a whole lot of anything except talk so the second part of his quote is pretty accurate as well. His job, as I see it, is to represent US interests. Nothing more, nothing less. He's there to protect and promote what is best for Americans. I don't know how we lost sight of this.

Three: If Bush has so much disdain for the UN that he would appoint an ambassador that has actively argued that the organization is irrelevant and unworthy of financial support, why can't he just have the balls to tell the UN to {censored} off? All the isolationist, flag-waving yee-haws that support the guy would probably be party-bound, and the rest of us already think Bush is a short-sighted {censored}tard anyway. Bush has already flipped the bird at the rest of the world with the whole "I'm going to plunge the world into a nightmare of train bombings and suicide attacks based on flimsy (and wrong) evidence, regardless of the fact that the rest of the world is (correctly) telling me I've got my head up my ass". Why doesn't he just have the balls to tell the UN and the international community to go {censored} themselves like a real man--he needs to send in Bolton to do a hatchet job on the place instead? Smells like that {censored} Karl Rove's handywork to me.

I would. Being isolationist and practising self-preservation are not necessarily the same thing. If we told several countries to go {censored} themselves (and we really should) then it doesn't mean we're beig isolationists, it means that their interests are contrary to ours. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people out there that would like to take what you as an american have. They would love to bring this country to its' collective knees. They would do it by force, but they aren't capable. They will, however, try and do it through foreign policy. It's our governments job (in part) to make sure they don't. Blaming Bush for the train bombings in London is like blaming Roman Polanski for Charles Manson. Wrong and stupid. You're way smarter than that Smorgs.

Four: Hawkhuff is still a mean-spirited dip{censored}. He's the perfect spokesperson for the hard right--representative, irrelevant, wild-eyed, and loony.

Don't know the man so I can't comment one way or the other.

Five: Frist was humiliated when he misdiagnosed Terry Schiavo based on watching videotape. His medical credentials (as wella s his common sense) were seriously called into question. This latest attempt to sound off on something htat is widely supported by the medical community is his transparent attempt to regain some stature as a man of medicine. No suprise that he picked an issue on which the American public (and Nancy Reagan) already agree with him. He's setting up a presidential bid...duh...but he's still a bible-beating pansy.

I may be wrong, but I honestly don't think so. No way the GOP would give him the nod. I think he realized that there was no way he was gonna get it anyway, so he voted his conscience (a real miracle for any politician). It's funny, even if someone from the "other side" of the aisle does something right, we've become so partisan and cynical that we have to find some ulterior motive behind it, and in it's abscence, create it. Both sides are equally guilty of this BTW.

I still love you. :D

;)

• Members
Originally posted by Jugghaid

Actually, I'll give you a real response.

[snip]

;)

*note to self: dear dumbass, people might actually read the rants I post on the internet.* :D

I appreciate the real response, Juggs--although it was totally above and beyond the call of duty. I'm feeling rather disagreeable today.

Must be this desk full of work that just won't go away. I'd better get back to it. :(

• Members

*note to self: dear dumbass, people might actually read the rants I post on the internet.*

I appreciate the real response, Juggs--although it was totally above and beyond the call of duty. I'm feeling rather disagreeable today.

Must be this desk full of work that just won't go away. I'd better get back to it.

We all have our days. :)

• CMS Author

A couple of things:

Funny. Sad. For anyone who's asked, and many times when I'm merely accused of being conservative, I've stated that I'm middle-of-the-road or centrist. I think your accusation is a knee-jerk pile of horse{censored}.

I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I'm pro-choice and pro-gun, but I don't believe in capital punishment very much..the exception is criminals who confess to capital crimes. I dislike political correctness and welfare. I dislike the concept of evangelical Christianity as much as extremist Muslims, but I'm glad the Ten Commandments are back on display on the front of my town's courthouse.

I'm not uncomfortable associating with a major political party; I've been a registered Republican since I was first able to vote. I vote in every major election and many minor ones. I vote candidates and their platforms, not party line. Yes, I voted for Bush. Both times. First time because he was worlds better than Al Gore. Second time because we're in a war that needs finishing no matter how it started, and because Kerry is just such a douchebag. I could possibly vote Libertarian if they'd ever get realistic about how politics actually works and presented a candidate who was electable and didn't come across like a lunatic.

As much as it may {censored} with your need to cubbyhole everyone into someone you can dislike or insult, I refuse to go in.

• Members

When you want to change something do you send someone who things everything all right or someone that thinks there is a problem? The UN has proven to any reasonable, prudent person that it is totally ineffective and can not accomplish anything without American money and military force (think Bosnia). If the organization is going to be so dependent on the US it should stop trying to take advantage of the US. I applaud President's choice in Mr. Bolton and I hope Bolton goes to the UN with the intent of kicking butt and taking names. It has been a long, long time coming.

• Members

A couple of things:

;)

No anger from the smorgasschmuck though. Nope. :rolleyes:

It's funny to see loser libs whine isn't it? :D

I am a righty and I make no apologies. I am not angry but confident in most all of my views. I don't agree with all that is conservative but there is NO view that the libs have that I have yet to ascribe; most is illogical dribble with no basis in fact, just emotion. I am only meanspirited when it comes to the American left because they need to be handed more defeats in more elections so they are even less a minority than they are now. Yeah, I am guilty of being angry that nearly half my families wages go for taxes.

I too have disdain for the UN. It was originally a good idea but has become a sham of an organization. Often times a joke. The only thing they do right is suck money from the American taxpayer then slap down anything US. Just like the American libs. The UN is a motley group of terrorists, dictators and antisemitic commies. So where is the united part?

The liberal thinking from those like smorgasdork is the same {censored} one hears from the other CNN, CBS and NY Times crowd. No original thought. If left unattended they will be the ruination of this country. They require adult supervision.:p

• Members

Originally posted by hawkhuff

No anger from the smorgasschmuck though. Nope.
:rolleyes:

It's funny to see loser libs whine isn't it?

I am a righty and I make no apologies. I am not angry but confident in most all of my views. I don't agree with all that is conservative but there is NO view that the libs have that I have yet to ascribe; most is illogical dribble with no basis in fact, just emotion. I am only meanspirited when it comes to the American left because they need to be handed more defeats in more elections so they are even less a minority than they are now. Yeah, I am guilty of being angry that nearly half my families wages go for taxes.

I too have disdain for the UN. It was originally a good idea but has become a sham of an organization. Often times a joke. The only thing they do right is suck money from the American taxpayer then slap down anything US. Just like the American libs. The UN is a motley group of terrorists, dictators and antisemitic commies. So where is the united part?

The liberal thinking from those like smorgasdork is the same {censored} one hears from the other CNN, CBS and NY Times crowd. No original thought. If left unattended they will be the ruination of this country. They require adult supervision.
:p

...said the guy who rolls over and lets the government take almost 50% of his income.

You need a better accountant.

• Members

*note to self: dear dumbass, people might actually read the rants I post on the internet.*

Must be this desk full of work that just won't go away. I'd better get back to it.

It's just the stress, huh? OK, I'm gonna set you up with one of my honeys to help relax you and make you feel oh so good, my man.

....calls Ann Coulter and give instructions to Smorgasboy's house.

• Members
Originally posted by hawkhuff

It's funny to see loser libs whine isn't it?

I can't help but chuckle to myself at the stupidity behind using that as an insult

Always good for a laugh, you are hawk!:D

Archived