Rockstar INXS

The Aardvark

• Members

I didn't want to like the show, but I must say that the talent is much higher on this show than on American Idol. The contestants not only sing but actually perform. Some have played piano...others guitar. Tonight's show had two of the remaining seven perform their own original songs that they had 12 hours to write. Many of the folks have totally remade classic songs with success.

• Members

Well, I've always liked INXS. They had some great songs. I just don't like the idea of trying to replace an irreplacable singer, perhaps with a female (not to mention the accompanying reality TV hoopla). Not to sound sexist, because a woman can front a band as well as a guy can, but it would not be INXS. The remaining band members should at least change the name, whoever they pick as the new singer. I don't like that affected, dramatic diva-ness (can we call it Singer Syndrome? :D) of the contestants either, kinda makes me nauseous.

Anyway, not trying to shit all over anyone's parade or anything. Carry on.

• Members

Originally posted by Dragoon

Well, I've always liked INXS. They had some great songs. I just don't like the idea of trying to replace an irreplacable singer, perhaps with a female (not to mention the accompanying reality TV hoopla). Not to sound sexist, because a woman can front a band as well as a guy can, but it would
not
be INXS. The remaining band members should at least change the name, whoever they pick as the new singer. I don't like that affected, dramatic diva-ness (can we call it Singer Syndrome?
:D
) of the contestants either, kinda makes me nauseous.

Anyway, not trying to shit all over anyone's parade or anything. Carry on.

I can see where you're coming from but I disagree that Michael Hutchence is irreplacable. Was Bon Scott? How about DLR? I like Van Halen with DLR better than with Sammy, but I can't say that without him it's not Van Halen. I don't think you have to worry about a female lead singer for INXS though, 'cause I think it's gonna be one of the guys.

• Members

You have a point there with those other mentions, I just think they'll be really hard-pressed to find someone with the vibe and charisma (not to mention voice) of Michael Hutchence. I just think he was a rare frontman. Then again, maybe they're going for something entirely different to suit new material they're writing (?)...

• Members

Mrs. "NV" and I have watched the show from the start. Of course

Brooke Burke is not hard to look at. From the very first performance I picked Mig and Marty as the strongest guys and she picked Jordis as the strongest girl. I think it will come down to

Mig & Marty. There both great. We were out last night so we taped it and have not had a chance to see it yet.:)

• Members

I felt bad for Jordis doing Dream On last night - I had the cringes throughout most of it.

The rest of it was pretty damn good, though. I wasn't sure how the up-tempo version of Cold As Ice was going to sound, but it came off real good.

I think Ty's got a strong chance - he just seems to keep nailing everything thrown at him (IMO).

• Members

Originally posted by NV43345

Mrs. "NV" and I have watched the show from the start. Of course

Brooke Burke is not hard to look at. From the very first performance I picked Mig and Marty as the strongest guys and she picked Jordis as the strongest girl. I think it will come down to

Mig & Marty. There both great. We were out last night so we taped it and have not had a chance to see it yet.
:)

I couldn't agree more about Mig and Marty, and although I enjoy Marty more, I think Mig's going to take it. My girlfriend wants either Ty or Jordis to win, but I don't think either of them are really strong enough, and frankly I find Ty to be a little too cheesy. Regardless, it has been fun to watch.

• Members

Originally posted by hammer744

I felt bad for Jordis doing Dream On last night - I had the cringes throughout most of it.

The rest of it was pretty damn good, though. I wasn't sure how the up-tempo version of Cold As Ice was going to sound, but it came off real good.

I think Ty's got a strong chance - he just seems to keep nailing everything thrown at him (IMO).

Until last night Jordis has been bullet-proof. I still think she's one of the best, that just isn't a song many peaple can pull off. She'll come back in the challenge round.

• Members

Good show. Shame about Jordis last night. We lost the channel for the middle 4 songs, so I don't know how the originals sounded or went over. I can't stand JD. He has talent, but I think he'd get frontman's ego disease pretty quick... 2c

• Members

Originally posted by lug

Until last night Jordis has been bullet-proof. I still think she's one of the best, that just isn't a song many peaple can pull off. She'll come back in the challenge round.

That's what I said to my wife when I saw it as one of the songs to be done - we did it in my band back in high school, but we didn't even attempt the high parts.

Next show will be interesting.

• Members

Originally posted by hammer744

That's what I said to my wife when I saw it as one of the songs to be done - we did it in my band back in high school, but we didn't even attempt the high parts.

Next show will be interesting.

I'm not a singer but I never realized that song would be hard to sing because Steven Tyler makes it sound so easy. I agree that Mig will probably take it because I think he fits the part the best. As far as talent Jordis,Marty and Ty are the best but would be better off in other bands imho of course.

• Members

Originally posted by The Aardvark

Well what can I say, to each his own. I've always liked INXS though, and I'm enjoying the show.

the wife and i also have watched from the begining.

funny thing is we really arent fans of their music

:rolleyes:

great show though much better than american idol

• Members

Originally posted by Dragoon

You have a point there with those other mentions, I just think they'll be really hard-pressed to find someone with the vibe and charisma (not to mention voice) of Michael Hutchence. I just think he was a rare frontman. Then again, maybe they're going for something entirely different to suit new material they're writing (?)...

A friend of mine's father was in a band in the 80's. They auditioned Michael Hutchence and thought he was a lunatic, so they rejected him!

• Members

Originally posted by lug

He's banging Carmen Electra..........and you're not.

I'd like to know how he got that "gig" (Carmen) too. I was just wondering about that when I saw her on the Tonight Show the other night. Too hot, but even if I had a shot the whole Rodman thing would freak me out.

• Members

Originally posted by The Insomniac

Anyone want to recap who went home? It's not on their website yet.

Deanna got the Boot. after much milking it out everyone exept susie was in the bottom three at one point. The final bottom three was Ty,Deanna & Marty. Marty kicked ass and they were tesing him as usual. I think Marty or Mig is going to get the gig.:)

Archived