Rediculous question regarding bass tuning for No More tears from Ozzy Osbourse

da_witch

• Members

..Hey all,

Hope ya doing all right and stuff...

Got a really stupid question, but what is the exact tuning for No More Tears of Ozzy Osbourne?

I have several versions of this songs with different tunings, but I don't have the original around here.

Is it tuned in D all the way, are the D and G half a step lower or what?

I am getting confused here...on the internet I have found different tunings...

I feel like a retard here...the bassline itself is not complicated, I just want to have the correct tuning..:(

• Members

Originally posted by da_witch

..Hey all,

Hope ya doing all right and stuff...

Got a really stupid question, but what is the exact tuning for No More Tears of Ozzy Osbourne?

I have several versions of this songs with different tunings, but I don't have the original around here.

Is it tuned in D all the way, are the D and G half a step lower or what?

I am getting confused here...on the internet I have found different tunings...

I feel like a retard here...the bassline itself is not complicated, I just want to have the correct tuning..
:(

missy, you have a 6 string! use it!

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

Still doesn't help if you don't know the song tuning... I assume she doesn't have the song to hand....

Top of my head it's Db AB Db Gb

the notes are the same. Assume it's in standard tuning and work from there. As long as the pitches are correct, you're laughing :)

• Members

Originally posted by Weirdocat

the notes are the same. Assume it's in standard tuning and work from there. As long as the pitches are correct, you're laughing
:)

The only trick with no more tears is the Db drone throughout most of the song. Sure you could do it in standard tuning, but it doesn't have the same force as the open string.

• Members

Originally posted by Weirdocat

missy, you have a 6 string! use it!

Darling, if I am correct (and I don't have the original song around here, will have to fix that) the main riff uses an open string as peddle(sp?) tone...;)

Which is (in my opinon) essential for the tone colour of the main riff.

Have a live version where it is played in D, another version where only the D and G where tuned half a step down and I think on the DVD it is played with all half a step down. So I was wondering about the original tuning!!!

• Members

Originally posted by birdboy7007

The only trick with no more tears is the Db drone throughout most of the song. Sure you could do it in standard tuning, but it doesn't have the same force as the open string.

Exactly my point!

But Db it will be, will give that one a shot, thanks!

And thanks to the others ofcourse!

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayinguy

every time ive played it, it was half a step down and drop D, most of ozzys stuff is half a step

Yep, although when he plays live nowadays the guitars are tuned 1+1/2 steps down to accomodate his aging voice.

• Members

Originally posted by B-Bottom

The BLS version is much better. I suggest learning that version

muaahahaha. zakk is a funny guy.

i wonder if it's any coincidence that robert trujillo and mike inez have both played w/ozzy and BLS. hmmm.

i like mike inez's work with AIC.

Archived